Chapter Ten

"Cole," I murmured while walking down the stairs. I saw him in the kitchen, his head in his hands.

He turned his head the second he heard my voice. "Yes, Love?"

"I can't sleep."

He pulled a chair out for me. I went and sat next to him. I could feel my face was puffy and red.

"You should get some sleep, you look tired," he muttered.

I shook my head and laid my head against the cold counter. Slowly my eyes began to shut, Cole set his hand on my back and slowly rubbed my back.

I woke up in my bed alone. I hated being alone. I grabbed my blanket and stood up, Cole was lying down on the couch in my room. I walked over to him and slid under the blankets, snuggling up closer to him.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "Goodnight Love."

  "Goodnight," I murmured. I was in and out of sleep throughout the night and the next day.

- - -

Cole walked into the room with a tray of pancakes and tea. He scooted onto the couch next to me. "Will you eat now?"

I shrugged, feeling a little better. "Maybe," I whispered. I looked up and made eye contact with him, his eyes were a little puffy too. I leaned in and hugged him. "It'll be okay."

It was my turn to do the coddling and hugging. I shouldn't be his priority, he should be my priority.

He froze for a second then wrapped his arms around me. "It will be okay. Won't it?"

"Mhm."

"His funeral is today," Cole whispered.

Way to kill the vibe, Cole. He's lucky I love him.

"Mhm."

"Mhm," he mocked. "You don't have to go, you can stay here and I'll be back within ten minutes."

"No. I shoud...I want to go," I mumbled. I laid back down on the couch, my head resting on his lap. He picked up the fork and held a piece to my lips. "You don't have to feed me, I'm an adult."

He shrugged. "I can baby you, now eat, I can't have you starving."

I rolled my eyes and took a bite. I turned my head to stare up at him. "These are pretty good."

"See, I told you I'm a good cook," he chuckled. The timer on the oven started going off, I pinched my eyebrows and looked at Cole. He looked at me with a straight face. "I have thirty minutes before I leave, I have to get ready."

"I guess that means I should too."

I ate the last piece of the pancake and slowly stood up. "I don't know what to wear."

"Wear the dress you wore when we went to the carnival that one day, it looked nice," he whispered while also getting up.

I felt myself blush. It was so cute when boys remembered little things. "Okay. I'm going to shower first."

"I'll be showering in the other one."

I went into the bathroom and stood there, the water hitting my face. It felt really good to just cry and not have to worry about getting tears everywhere. There was a knock at the door, I wiped my tears.

"Come in," I murmured. I heard Cole walk in, I could tell from the way his spets hit the ground.

"I forgot my toothbrush in here," he said. "How are you doing?"

"Besides the fact that I'm going to have a very swollen face, I'm doing a little better," I sniffled. Cole had moved in the day after we got the news about Kade and it's made life easier, never being alone and all.