Chapter Nine

I never knew. Ever. Never. That I would be sitting here on the front steps of Kade's house holding an article of death in my hands.

    Tears coated my face, guilt, and pain washed over me in a not so soothing way. Denial painted my soul and clenched my mind. To be feeling this way is such a shame. Such a shame of life. How can one sit still and accept that everything is messed up? The whole world for all.

    Does life want me to fail? Does it sit there asking me if I can handle it? Does it see that I am finally at peace and have to unpeace my life? Life is a wrecker of itself. It tears down what it builds.

    To only build it up stronger again? No. To make it so much more miserable than it has to be. To be. To be built of sour pain and sweet regrets.

    I finally looked up to see one person. The only person who could make me feel any better. The one who understood my pain. The one. The one I wanted the most.

    Cole.

    I stood up, threw the article down, and ran towards him, jumping into his arms, sobbing my eyes out.

    "Daisy."

    "Kades dead," I sobbed. "Mary left. To go live with her parents in Africa. I was all alone. I was alone, Cole.....Kade got shot." I looked up into Cole's eyes.

    His blue eyes leaked sadness.

    A tear fell from my eye. "I'm so sorry," I whispered.

    He wiped it away. "No, no, it's okay," he mumbled. "It's not your fault."

    I began to sob, the blood of my soul covered my face.

    "What do you want to do?"

    "Nothing," I sniffled.

    "Okay, I'll do nothing with you."

    He sat down in the middle of the gravel path and held me in his arms.

So....how do you feel?

Hope you keep reading<3

Love you all