Part 2

As the amber hues of dawn crept through the skyline of New York City, I found myself in the quiet hush of a library a few blocks from campus. Surrounded by towering stacks of books, The soft rustle of pages turned by studious peers was a stark contrast to the cacophony of the city awakening outside. It was in this tranquil refuge that my mind sought solace, my thoughts drifting to the unexpected connection that I felt with Professor Stan. With each hour of the day, the lines of our student-teacher relationship seemed to ignite and my mind danced with every thought and possibility of getting closer to professor stan. As I buried myself in my studies, the weight of my secret feelings grew heavier, and the library's silence became the echo chamber of my conflicted heart. I began to envision myself being held in his strong arms and his hands gliding over my body, his lips so close to mine but not yet touching, and our eyes burning into each other's souls.

*cough, cough*

An old lady huffed in desperation to get my attention. "Shouldn't you be somewhere young lady." the old woman exclaimed, her voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and concern. I turned towards her and then looked at the clock. "Oh my god! I'm late!" I rushed out of the bookstore and caught a taxi. On the ride over my mind thought about the events of the other day, last night I didn't get much sleep, I tossed and turned and maybe got an hour before waking up again at 5, and thats when I gave up on trying to sleep and prepared myself for the day and went to the bookstore. I kept thinking about how I would figure out if Mr. Stan really was interested in me so I figured why not wear something a little showy today, so I decided to wear a beautiful white see-through crop top with dark blue jeans and a cute antique belt. It's been a week since what happened but I lay awake at night stirring with my thoughts.

My dark red hair contrasted with the white crop top so elegantly

My dark red hair contrasted with the white crop top so elegantly. Hopefully, I would be able to catch Mr. Stan, I didn't exactly know what to look for nor did I know if anything would be different but I was confident I would find something. The taxi stopped abruptly at my destination and I hurriedly pulled out money for the drive and got out fast walking to my second class. I caught Ava walking down the corridor, and she ran to me. "Oh my god, where have you been?" Ava exclaimed, her eyes wide with concern. I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself, and replied "I got caught up at the bookstore, did anyone notice I was gone?" Ava looked at me laughing, "Only you could be late because of a good book, but no, no one noticed you were gone." she was still giggling and sighed with relief. As we were walking back to our second class she looked me up and down, "Damn girl, tryna impress someone? You look hot." she said. My face turned a bright shade of red and I didn't know whether to tell her the truth or lie and say I just put it on but I spoke faster than I could think. "Actually yes, I..." I cut myself off and pulled her into a vacant room. "Promise me you won't tell anybody?" I asked. She looked at me with curious eyes, nodding eagerly. "Of course, Mina, you know you can trust me." Her voice was a mix of excitement and concern, ready to dive into whatever secret I was about to share. "I am wearing this to impress... A-a certain professor." I stuttered slightly nervous about the impact of that statement. "Seriously! Who?" she questioned excitedly. "It's Mr. Stan." I said "Oh my god, hotty in room 8! Do you think he likes you? How?" Ava said curiously excited. "I'll explain it to you later but right now we have to get to class," I replied aware of the time.