Stars

(Jirou's POV)

It was the last day of school before we had a week long break. Our friends wanted to go on a trip together, so we spent the past few days planning and packing.

We weren't going far, but we wanted to see some new places. We're going to take a train to one of the countryside areas and stay in a small vacation rental house for a few days. We all wanted to do some outdoorsy stuff, so we planned on hiking, having a campfire, and playing games outside. We leave tomorrow morning.

When I got home from school, Mina was already super excited. It's been a while since we all hung out like this.

I think Mina's the only one who knows about me and Kaminari, unless Kami told Kirishima and Sero about it. I guess we'll find out when we go.

I packed a bunch of warm clothes for the trip. I was about to finish packing when I spotted the acoustic guitar sitting in the corner of my room.

Ah, heck. I'll bring it. Why not.

I packed that up into its case and set it beside my bag.

Before I went to bed, Kaminari texted me. He was excited about the trip, too. We texted for a while until I started to feel really tired.

D: I'll see you in the morning!

K: good night denki I'll see you :)

____________

"This is gonna be so much fun!"

"I don't know how you have so much energy this early in the morning, Mina."

"I'm ready to fall asleep on the train."

"Oh yeah, who's sitting alone? There's five of us."

"I can sit alone. I just wanted to sleep the whole time anyway." Sero says.

"Okay, then-"

"Oh! Can I sit next to you, Kirishima?" Mina asks. She glanced very quickly at me as she did this.

"Sure, Mina."

Kaminari chuckles, "I guess that means we're sitting next to each other."

I shrug, "Sounds good to me."

It was a two hour train ride to our destination. I took a short nap, and Denki and I listened to some music together. He fell asleep while we were listening to music. I had to wake him up when we were almost at our stop.

We arrived at the house and dropped off our stuff. The first thing we had to do was get some groceries at the local market. We wanted to cook for ourselves during this trip. The house had a fire pit outside and some big pans and cauldrons for us to use. We stocked up on meat, fruits, and vegetables, but some of us had already brought the stuff for seasoning. We also bought a few snacks to eat throughout the day.

When we got back to the house, it was already lunchtime. We cooked our first meal together and enjoyed it in the sunny weather outside.

After cleaning up, Kirishima suggested we go explore the surrounding areas. It wasn't exactly hiking, but we checked out some trails and even found a river.

Mina took loads of pictures. Sero and Denki kept making everyone laugh, so we had natural smiles on our faces most of the time.

This is gonna be a very memorable trip, I can already tell.

(Kaminari's POV)

By the third day, we already did so much. We got the hang of cooking outside with the fire. We went hiking, played volleyball, explored some more, and got our feet wet in the river.

After dinner, we all sat around the fire outside. The weather here was nice in the afternoons, but it gets pretty cold in the evenings and mornings. We convinced Kyouka to play some guitar for us, but it looked like she enjoyed it just as much as we did.

Tomorrow's our last day here, so we stayed up extra late tonight. Slowly, one by one, our friends started to get sleepy and went to bed. I was about to wash up for bed as well, but I noticed Kyouka sitting by herself on the deck outside.

"Hey." I walk up behind her.

She turns around, "Hey."

"You're not tired?"

She shakes her head, "Not yet."

I take a seat next to her on the deck. She was staring up at the sky. Gazing at the stars. They were much more visible here than in the city.

I was really enjoying this trip, but something has been on my mind from the beginning.

"Kyouka...can I ask you something?"

She turns to me, looking curious, "Sure. Go ahead."

I turned around quickly to make sure our friends were still asleep inside before asking.

"What are we?"

She sits there for a moment, staring at her feet now.

Slowly, she shakes her head, "I don't know."

"We're friends, right?" I ask.

"Of course."

"Kyouka, I'm just gonna be honest with you," I sigh, "I wanna be yours."

She looks me in the eyes. I could see her blushing.

"Are you ready to label it like that?" She asks, "You want to be my...boyfriend?"

I nod slowly, "Only if you're ready for that."

"Well, I'm glad you asked," she smiles to herself, "I'm usually not selfish, but I want you all to myself."

Now she was the one making me blush.

"So...you'd be my girlfriend?"

"I'd love to."

I smile before looking back up at the stars. She does the same.

"Thank you." I say under my breath.

She suddenly catches me by surprise. She places her hand gently on my face, turning me towards her.

I could've sworn my heart stopped for a moment.

But as she leaned in to kiss me, it started racing.

It felt like fireworks going off in my brain. One quick kiss from her had made my entire trip.

We kept staring into each other's eyes until we seemed to snap back to reality.

"S-Sorry." She turns away all shy.

"Don't be."

I put my hand on hers. My heart was still racing.

Her eyes were just so beautiful under the stars.

I leaned in for another kiss. I couldn't help myself.

Her lips were so soft and gentle. Every kiss left my lips with a tingling sensation, like electricity.

When we pull away, she hugs me.

"You're my best friend, Denki." She whispers, "Promise me that won't change."

I nod, "I promise you. I'll always be your best friend."

The stars shined bright that night, but nothing could beat the stars I saw in her eyes.