Love & Live

>> ~A few years later~

(Jirou's POV)

Today is a big day. Denki and Kirishima are graduating from university today. Mina and I are going to watch the ceremony together. Denki and Kiri were ahead of us in school by a little bit, so they're graduating this time around, but Mina and I will be graduating in a few more months. Even though Mina's at a different school, we all wanted to celebrate together when stuff like this happens.

The guys had to be at the school earlier than us, so Denki said bye to me this morning before he left. He was wearing a really nice suit, and he even asked me to help him style his hair a bit.

"You excited for your big day?"

"Sure am. I'll see you there, okay?" He said.

"Alright. Look for us in the audience. I'm sure you'll find us."

He smiled before giving me a quick kiss, "I love you, Kyo. See you later."

"I love you too, Denki. See you soon."

Mina and I arrived about an hour before the ceremony started. We wanted to get some good seats, and we gave ourselves extra time just in case anything came up.

"So, how's life with Kirishima?" I ask Mina, "You guys seem really happy."

"We are happy. I've never been happier. He works so hard, but he still makes time to spend time with me."

"That's great."

"What about you and Kaminari?" She asks.

"Ah, you know. Still going strong. We're saving up for a house right now, though. I don't know when we're gonna get married, but I don't wanna pressure him too much."

Mina just laughs, "I'm sure he'll put a ring on it soon. You guys are perfect for each other."

We kept talking until the ceremony started. It was long, but once they started having the graduates walk on stage, it went by pretty fast. They were lined up in alphabetical order by family name, so Denki wasn't too far ahead of Kirishima. Mina recorded them walking on stage while I tried to get some good pictures.

After the ceremony, everyone gathered outside to find their graduates and take pictures and all that. Denki was easy to spot with his bright yellow hair.

"Guys! You did it!" Mina says as we walk up to meet them.

"I'm so proud of you guys." I add.

Denki didn't say anything right away. He just smiled and gave me a big, long hug.

"I couldn't have done this without you, Kyo." He whispers, still hugging me.

"I'm so proud of you, hon. Congratulations."

I kiss his cheek before pulling back a bit. I held his face in my hands. He just couldn't stop smiling.

He sighs, "I'm so happy."

"You deserve it." I say, running my hand over his hair, "You've worked so hard."

"Guys, let's take some pictures!" Kirishima calls us over.

We took some photos of Denki and Kirishima together and then some solo shots of each of them. Denki asked Kirishima to take some pictures of the two of us.

After we took a few pictures, Kirishima gave Denki his phone back.

"Thanks, man." Denki says, going to tuck his phone back into his pocket.

"Oh, can you take some of us?" Kiri asks, holding out his phone.

Denki's hands were kind of full at the moment, so I offered to do it for them.

"Thanks, Jirou." Kirishima says.

For some reason, both him and Mina were still smiling really big.

"No problem."

I turn around, getting a little startled.

That startled feeling immediately turned into disbelief.

When I turned around, Denki was there behind me, on one knee.

"I know this was supposed to be my big day," He says, "But you're my world, Kyouka. I want to be yours forever."

My heart was beating so fast, but I felt like I was frozen.

He opens the tiny box that he was hiding in his hands, presenting a beautiful little ring.

"Kyouka Jirou, my best friend and the love of my life, will you marry me?"

Tears started to fill my eyes, I couldn't get the words out, but I just kept nodding over and over again.

He stood up and welcomed me into his arms. I was crying tears of joy. He laughs softly, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Here." He says, taking the ring and sliding it onto my finger.

"Denki," I chuckle, "It's beautiful."

"Beautiful ring for my beautiful girl."

I pull him in for a long kiss before hugging him again.

"I love you so much, Denki. I will always love you." I say.

He squeezes me tight, "I love you too, Kyo. You're my everything."

Only then did we notice the people around us clapping for us. Mina and Kirishima were cheering for us too a few steps away.

Nothing physically changed because he proposed, but marriage is a big deal. I knew from the start that this is what my heart wanted.

But now it's a reality.

(Kaminari's POV)

I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day. My heart felt so happy, and every time I thought about it, it just made me feel nice inside.

We went out to dinner that night with my parents. When we told them the news, they couldn't believe it. They were happy for us.

When we got home later that night, Kyo called her parents and told them the news, too. They were super excited for us and wanted to know about the wedding right away.

Kyouka and I started talking about the wedding before we went to sleep that night. No real planning yet, we just talked about what we wanted and who to invite and stuff like that.

I smile to myself, laying in bed, "I can't believe I'll get to call you my wife soon."

"High school us wouldn't believe it either." She says.

"This is amazing." I sigh, "Life is good."

She chuckles, "Life will always be good because I get to spend the rest of it with you."

I'm so grateful for everything. I'm glad Kyouka came back into my life. She's always been so loving and supportive.

I couldn't imagine my life any other way.

When I think about my future, she's always there.

Moving through life and growing with her has been the best gift I could ever ask for.

When I look at her, all I feel is love.

And it'll be love, always.