𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐀 𝐅𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐦𝐩

I woke up and check my alarm clock beside my bed.

11:48 AM

Perfect, we have time to eat, get ready and get to the studio for one. I roll over in my bed to see Kath, already awake reading a book. I can't help but look confused as to how she managed to get up so early. I yawn and slide out of bed. I put on my slippers and my dressing robe. It's red silk and has two large front pockets in it. I tie the front and turn to Kath before leaving my room.

"Are you coming downstairs?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you down there." I nod and close the door quietly behind me. I walk downstairs, rubbing the top of head. I open the glass doors to the kitchen and put the doorstop in front of them. I turn on the light and fill up the kettle. I stick it back on the holder and flick the button down. I hear footsteps approaching the kitchen. I turn from the cupboard and stand up with three cups. It's Kathie.

"What do you want to eat?" She asks, pulling a sweatshirt over her head. The sweatshirt is grey with 'YALE' in dark blue writing across the chest. She's wearing another pair of my flare jeans. These ones have a sewn in red stars on each of the back pockets. She has her converse on again and her hair was in dropped out disco curls. Disco waves.

"Uh..." I think, dropping two teabags in two of the cups "I'll grab something later. On the way to the studio." I put three spoons of coffee into the third cup. The water makes a pop and crackle as it touches the teabags and coffee. I stir the coffee and add milk and sugar to the mugs. I hand one to Kathie, sitting on the bench.

"I think Roger fancies you." She blurts out after a minute of silence and sipping drinks. I cover my mouth to stop me from spitting my coffee on my mums new white countertops.

"Kathrine!" I say, wiping my face "I know you want me to find love or whatever but... me and Roger are friends. That's it." I take another sip and rub my eyes.

"Hear me out." She begins, holding her tea to warm her hands "He kept looking at you, he was completely interested in your fashion career, and he was laughing about your nickname." I look at her extremely confused as to why she would think he liked me because of that.

"So...?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and taking a mouthful of coffee.

"So... he's flirting with you!" She exclaims, I'm still in disbelief and denial. I ignore it and move on. I begin to wash a few of the plates from my mum's tea yesterday. I put them in the cupboard and sit next to Kath.

"Well," I turn to her, our faces only a few centimetres apart "I think you and John have... something you'd like to share with the class, Bates." I laugh to myself as I watch her face burn a bright pink. I can tell she's trying to think of something to say but she can't get her words out.

"Evie do not make this a thing. I like John, he's a nice guy. Good bass player too." I raise an eyebrow at her while I take an obnoxious slurp from my cup.

"Good bass player, eh?" I laugh, knowing full well that she may or may not have a little something for John Deacon.

"Well, I'll leave you and your thoughts. I'm going to get dressed." I tease her and leave my mug in the sink. I walk up the stairs to my room. I open my wardrobe and I pull out a dress I sewed. It's a dark blue sundress with a ruched chest and a tie. It has thin straps and goes down to my shins. I put on a pair of white pumps and put my hair in a hairband, leaving my fringe out.

"This looks okay." I say in the mirror. I put on some blush and mascara and go downstairs. I pick up my white crochet bag and drop my purse, sunglasses, keys, and lip balm. I go into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from my fridge.