𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐌𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐑𝐮𝐛𝐲,𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞

I woke up in a bed I didn't recognise. Have I been kidnapped? Where am I? I feel a light shuffle beside me. My head snaps towards the movement. Roger?

"Roger?" I say aloud, startling him awake. He hums sleepily and he sits up to face me. He smiles and laughs quietly.

"Morning Princess." He strokes my head and I furrow my brow.

"I don't remember coming to your house." I fold my arms playfully as his arm sits on the base of my back and his hand rests on my hip.

"You fell asleep in the car." I go to mention my mother, but he immediately answers my question. "I already called your mother, don't worry." I let out a sigh of relief and lay back down next to him. He's warm and smells good, as usual. We don't say anything, but the silence is enough to understand each other.

"I have loads to do today." I sigh. He kisses the top of my head and rests his chin on my head.

"Like what? Do you need help?" He says in a sweet voice. I think for a minute. Do I? You know, it couldn't hurt.

"Yeah, if you don't mind," I smile. "I need to go furniture shopping and then I'm going into the market if you want to come." I stay huddled beneath him but turn my head to face him. I play with the shirt I had obviously sleepily changed into.

"Of course. Is Kathrine coming?" He says, playing with my hair, gently trying to plait it without pulling the lock of hair out.

"I don't know, I'll give her a ring." I exhale, yet I don't move.

"Aren't you going to move, Princess?" He begins to laugh. I laugh along with him.

"No, I could stay like this, for a little bit." I lay on my stomach an face him. I twirl his blonde hair around my finger as I giggle at his rosy face. His eyes lock with mine and he kisses my hand, as if I were a princess.

"Hello?" John groans down the phone.

"Hi, Deacs. Is Kathie there?" I sing back. Roger is making tea and coffee behind me. He takes out a cup from his cupboard and drops one.

"FUCKS SAKE-."

"Shh. Sorry, what was that, John?"

"Yeah, she's getting ready, why?" He questions. He chuckles lightly as Roger curses the cup in the background.

"Are you coming to Kensington Market today? I need to go furniture shopping and we can just have a wander around if you'd like!" I hum in my usual sing-song tone.

"Uh, yeah why not. We'll meet you at Millie's Florist, is that O.K?"

"Sure! Twelve, Millie's. Cool! Bye!" I hang up the phone and turn to see what Roger is doing. He is towering over me, looking down with a teasing smirk. He hands me a cup of coffee, the inky black liquid swirling, as he's just stirred it.

"Here you go, Princess." He kisses my forehead and smiles as he brushes my hair back. "I'll get ready and drop you home to get changed, O.K.?" He noted, wandering away into his bedroom. I thought he wouldn't mind me sitting by the TV. I curled up on the loveseat by the television and began to read a book on the coffee table. 'The Shining' by Stephen King. It wasn't very good, but I read it anyway. I scanned the living room taking in what it looked like. A white rug sat beneath all sorts of coloured furniture. Painted wooden crates sat around, as side tables. Magazines, that I'd prefer not to know what they were about, piled high along with books, candles, lights and other small, collected things he's accumulated. He's much like me with things like that.

I hear the bedroom door open, and he steps out in a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt. On his feet are a pair of black and white Adidas Sambas, like mine, yet mine are green and white. He reaches for his leather jacket and throws it on over his t-shirt. He sits down on the sofa and in the corner of my eye, I see him reach for something. I pay no attention to it before I see a great white flash, so bright almost making me spit out my coffee.