First Class Boyfriend

A.N.://

Welcome to the second chapter of this fic :) I'm running a bit into trouble at one of the later chapters right now, but I figured chapter two was ready to drop :D I hope you will enjoy it ?^^

..............................////////////////////..................................

Friday, 7:11 am

Arthur was not a punctual person himself. At least, he didn't count himself as one. Then again, being over an hour late to a flight was kind of ridiculous. In Merlin's defence, they were told to be two hours early for the flight, so Merlin was, by definition, still early. But this was about the principle! Arthur had been waiting for over an hour and he was growing impatient.

It was just past 7 am when Merlin hurried through the full airport. He must have bought himself a new coat because Arthur didn't recognise that one. The trolly he dragged behind him, however, was much older and well worn. Merlin also had bought himself new shoes for the occasion. If Merlin Emrys was going so far as to replace his shoes, Arthur thought wildly, then this whole weekend was more serious of a business than Arthur had anticipated.

"You're late." Arthur said anyway when Merlin came to a halt beside him.

"Don't be a dick, Arthur. I'm early enough." He straightened his back to catch some air before he ran a hand through his hair. Did he get a hair cut too?

Arthur twitched a smile and crossed his arms. "I hope you didn't forget the tickets."

"Of course not." Merlin rolled his eyes, then pulled out an envelope from the new coat. He opened it and handed Arthur his ticket. Merlin paused, then looked at the luggage behind Arthur. "Is all of that yours?"

"Yes?" Arthur blinked. So, what if he had two bags instead of one? He was prepared, alright?

"How long are you planning to stay? Two weeks?"

"Don't be ridiculous, MERlin." Arthur glanced at the ticket and frowned at what he read. "Hold on, we're flying economy class?"

Merlin's brows twisted into a frown, then he whispered to himself. "Rich people, I swear." Then he raised his voice. "Look, Valiant paid for the tickets, I'm not going to complain!"

Arthur shook his head. "Merlin, you're an outstanding surgeon, you have the money to upgrade to first class no problem." Merlin didn't immediately answer but there was a mischievousness in his eyes that Arthur couldn't overlook. "Merlin... don't tell me you're intending to embarrass him for putting ME on economy class."

Merlin's grin twitched a tad bit wider. "He'll be so embarrassed."

"He can still be embarrassed if we upgrade the ticket with our own money." Arthur shook his head. "I'm not going to suffer through crying children and sweating old men, just because you insist on revenge." Merlin was about to say something but Arthur shushed him. "NOT worth it!" He muttered the rest. "Be glad I'm not calling us a private jet."

"That would be terrible for the climate!" Merlin scowled now.

Arthur had already pulled out his phone and was currently scrolling through their flight options when he paused. "That can't be right. All the first class seats are sold out. They are NEVER sold out."

Looking up, Arthur found Merlin sigh. "I bet it was Valiant. It would be so him if he bought out the entire first class, only to sit me down in economy without the option to upgrade."

"Damn, just how rich is the guy?"

"He married a model. Penelope Noire. Have you heard of her?"

"Have I... Of COURSE I have. She's working for my father!" Arthur groaned. In fact, they were often working closely together. This was a good thing though, Arthur liked Pen. "I'm going to speak with a flight attendant. If no one shows up, we might be able to get a seat in first class anyway. I want a bit of calm before the storm."