Coffeever

5 ½ Years ago

Arthur was in a terrible mood. Everyday was more stressful than the last. "Yes, father, I understand why you think he is a risk - NO! I don't think we should cut him out of - Can you please LISTEN to me?" Phone calls with Uther Pendragon never went well, Arthur had known that since he was a child. Sometimes he felt foolish to think that the next call would be normal at least.

Arthur had the phone clutched between his left shoulder, while he carried a box full of contracts and informations with him. Normally this was the job of an assistant but Arthur just had to fire his last one for stealing documents from the workplace.

"What I'm saying is that I think Gwaine would be a good addition to - Fine, Mr. Fahej would be a great addition to our team. - I'm telling you, except for that one issue, he'd be perfect for the commercial." Arthur tried his best not to roll his eyes and failed desperately.

"I don't care that he had a problem with drug abuse! We're talking about models and actors, how many of them DON'T have a drug problems, father?" Arthur was about to go insane. "He's getting the help he needs! ... What? No, I don't think he'll fall back into- I know one can never be sure! He's still better than CENDRED..." Arthur bit his lip and let the tirade of his father's words wash over him.

"I know Cendred has been an old client of ours but he's incredibly sketchy! He's never on time and the only good thing about him is that he can bribe the police to erase his record!" Arthur paused. "No, father, that is NOT a good thing, that was a joke!"

After that, it was just Uther talking Arthur an ear off about responsibility and loyalty. Eventually, Arthur was too tired to listen to him anymore. "Father, I'm on break now. - NO, we'll talk AFTER my break!" Arthur was ready to cry when he hung up and locked his phone. It instantly fell to the ground. The sound of metal on concrete made him wince and he prayed like an idiot that the screen wasn't broken.

Arthur knelt down, only to find that he had the worst luck today. Not only was the screen broken, a third of the screen was also completely black. "FUCK!" Arthur said and ignored the glaring mother that walked past him with his children. Until she, of course, recognised his face and immediately covered her mouth before increasing her pace, shoving her son along.

Arthur hated his life. Today was just one thing after another. His car broke down, his father was mad, he had a talk with aforementioned Cendred scheduled in half an hour, he hadn't slept in what felt like 40 hours and now his phone was broken as well.

His only hope was the sound of the Starbucks bell as he entered the building. Half a dozen heads turned to him and Arthur noticed that some of them were instantly taking pictures. Why would they not? He had recently been featured on the newest gossip page and why?

Fucking Vivian talking lies about his preferences in bed! They had broken up over a week ago and Arthur couldn't for the life of him remember why he had ever agreed to dating her. She was rude and loud and difficult to handle. She had expected expensive gifts every single week, and gotten mad over his work load. Not that it was too much, NO. It was too LITTLE. Because a true alpha male worked 100 hours a week, apparently.

Uther had approved of her, of course, and Arthur was ashamed to think that that had been the sole reason why they had been together.

"Welcome at Starbucks. What can I get you?" Arthur looked up at the tired looking barista. He had black fluffy hair and an indifferent smile on his face, worn from all the customers he was forced to send it to. His cheekbones and those large ears stood out to Arthur almost instantly. He shook off the thought, thinking it impolite.

"Give me a Venti and fill it with espresso."

The man looked up and raised a brow, waiting for Arthur to order anything else in addition to the coffee. "You carried that box all the way to Starbucks just for an espresso? Dude, the coffee here isn't THAT good. The Frappuccinos, sure, they are special and you hardly get them anywhere else, but the normal coffee? Don't you have better ways to waste your money?"