27 │Welcome to Lorium - part I

Her mother once told her, that there would be a time when gods pay for her babbling and tendency to state every single thought. Well, traveling for weeks with two grumpy bloodsuckers could be just what Giselle's mother had in mind.

The woman couldn't hide her frown at the thought—a juicy apple being hurriedly chewed while her curvy ass wiggled in the saddle. They were set to arrive at the court tonight, so the fast pace was what vampires tried to maintain. This one thing, she didn't mind. There was nothing she wanted more than to leave the rigid piece of leather and wood and finally use her legs. Ugh. She wasn't an old woman, but right now her very dead grandma would move more graciously.

Finished with an apple, she focused all of her energy on the dark surroundings.

One...

Two...

Three...

Yup. Exactly three seconds it took her to be already bored with it. What was the point if there was only darkness in the front, on the sides, and at the back? Looking up, there was at least a nice sky filled with stars, but how long one could bend their neck and not get dizzy?

Not long, it turned out. She counted.

They had been riding for hours, and at the moment Giselle could only be happy, that her ass wasn't as firm as Freya's. Not that her mistress's ass was missing anything. It was fine, like really fine, shaped nicely and all, but with Freya's constant hunting, riding, and practicing with the knights—she had one hell of a muscle, when Giselle's little cushions were just as bouncy, as the winter solstice pudding her mother made every year.

No man ever complained about that. And neither was Giselle, when it came to the body pleasure, but also for fucking surviving this journey.

Bloody bloodsuckers, came out of nowhere, changed everything, and destroyed women's lives and all. She just met a man, who seemed very promising in the fuck-good-and-don't-get-too-attached area, and now... There she was. Riding a stupid horse, having spots in front of her eyes from the constant darkness around her, and preparing for absolutely zero chances of getting laid in the near future. Possibly ever. She wasn't going to touch any vampire. Yuck. No, thank you. Not even the strongest attack of horniness was going to make her jump vampire's bones. Na-ah.

But her little personal drama was nothing compared to Freya's, and that was enough reason for Giselle to shut the fuck up and just deal with it. Her friend needed her more than her pussy. And just like that, the topic remained closed.

Well, maybe except for a bit of vampire ego teasing, but that one thing she just had to have. Just a small price for watching Freya's mesmerizing green eyes lose their glow.

Giselle wanted nothing more than to decapitate these pale fangers.

And maybe she had warned Leander that she was set to destroy anyone hurting her mistress, but she didn't tell him just how much she wanted to simply hurt Every. Single. Vampire. Bastard. Out. There. With Leander, she had some sort of truce, but it wasn't like she just lost him from her close radar. No, no, no. She still did watch his every move. Just like that Qadir-little-fucker's.

She didn't promise to not decapitate Qadir's ridiculous blond head.

Temptations. Temptations... Fingers itching and all that.

Snapping out of it, she grabbed her walnut curls and took a good measure fighting with combing them in one messy braid as she tried not to fall out of the horse.

"How much longer, Vampire Prince, sir?" She sweetly asked Leander, who now rode next to her, had already decided to tease him a little for fun. Freya and Qadir were far ahead, riding in silence. The man sighed, as if already regretting his offer of a truce between them.