Chapter Forty-Two: Who Is She?

A/N: Big shout out to my friend and Co-Author of this story @Coovaca122 / xXMikaSenpaiXx for this idea.

-

Nanami's losing track of how long he has been trapped here.

It was hot and disgusting down here, he couldn't feel the heat as he always felt cold. But that doesn't mean he doesn't know what a rotting body smells like in a heated environment. Isamu's body was already leaking fluids and with how bad his body smelled, it's decomposing quicker than it should be. Nanami has a sick feeling the clan knew Isamu would kill himself and just left his body to rot in front of Nanami.

"Honestly surprised you didn't end up insane Y/N," Nanami muttered to himself. You managed to have a good head on your shoulders and thought for yourself despite the environment you were raised in for the first 15 years of your life. It just helps Nanami see how you were so attached to him and your friends.

Nanami raises his head when he hears the prison open. Your father and Yuri walk into the prison, making Nanami raise his brow when they stop in front of his cell.

"To what do I owe this visit?" Nanami asked, his words blunt.

"Just thought you were in time out long enough, how is Isamu treating you?" Yuri asked as she rolled up her sleeves. The bruise Nanami left on her cheek is still there. "Oh, so that means my time out is over?" Nanami replied, sarcastically. Yuri opens Nanami's cell and your father grabs Nanami by the back of his neck, forcing him out of the cell.

"Not quite," Your father snapped as he shoved Nanami forward. Nanami was going to attack, but six clan members were waiting for him outside the cell and he decided to wait. He doesn't have enough curse energy to take on eight clan members. They're most likely prepared for his attacks now. "Since you're so concerned for my daughter, it's only fair you watch over her? Correct?" Despite trying to be a menacing asshole, Nanami can hear the hidden anger in his words.

"Someone needs to look out for her," Nanami bites back as he is shoved into the orb room. He felt extra shackles latched onto his body and was shoved onto his knees. Nanami looks around with a frown, avoiding looking at the imagery. As much as he hoped he would see how you and Yuji are fairing, there's a fear that you two would look worse than he saw you last time.

"I doubt that's all there is to this," Nanami grumbles. Nanami's arms are pulled back as the chains around his wrists are chained to the floor. A new imprisonment installed? The angle forces him to stay on his knees and with his arms pulled back behind him, he's forced to look at the imagery.