CH 9: A Dead End

Streets of Vale
~~~~~

Ruby and Yang were walking down one of the busy streets, still looking for any sign of (y/n).

Cars drove by as the two asked any passerbys they came across if they've seen the PMC, but that didn't yield any results.

Ruby: *Sigh* "No one has seen him..."

She hung her head and slouched down dejectedly. Yang looked at her before deciding to try to take her mind off of searching for (y/n)... By talking about (y/n).

Yang: "Hey Ruby?"

Ruby: "Hm?"

She lifted her head up and looked at the blond.

Yang: "What do you think is the reason (y/n) has those headphones?"

She asked, doing just that, while also being curious herself.

Ruby: "I don't know."

She took the headphones off her neck and looked at them.

Ruby: "They're not exactly the best to wear when fighting y'know? At first, I thought they were for music "

She inspected them as Yang nodded her head.

Yang: "Yea me too, but it isn't very practical to have them out in a fight, the music will just distract you."

"Or the headphones will get in the way."

Ruby hummed in agreement as she looked at the headpiece.

Ruby: "Mhm. He had them on during initiation, and when I was with him in the range while he was shooting his weapons. He always has them on him."

She kept looking at them before coming up with a theory, A GAME THEORY (Ruining your childhood since 2011)

Ruby: "Maybe they're noise cancelling headphones?"

Yang: "Noise cancelling? Maybe, but that still isn't very practical. When will you ever need noise cancelling during a fight?"

She put a hand on her chin and looked up at the sky in thought as Ruby began thinking again.

Ruby: "Oh! How about I wear them? Maybe then we'll see why he has them."

Yang: "Alright"

She smiled as they stopped walking and Ruby put the headphones over her ears and adjusted its microphone.

*Never put one of these headphones on in my life, I read that they dampen loud noises like gunfire, while amplifying lower noises like footsteps and talking. If I get anything wrong, feel free to correct me.*

First thing she noticed was that the noises of the cars were quieter, and the footsteps and voices of people were more audible.

Ruby: "Woah..."

Her mouth hung agape in awe, this felt pretty trippy to her. She glanced around her surroundings while Yang looked at her.

Yang: "Ruby? What are you doing? Are they playing some good music?"

She smiled jokingly as she walked up to Ruby, making her look at the blond and smile back.

Ruby: "Yang! These- They make outside noise quieter!"

Yang: "Uh- Isn't that what headphones are supposed to do?

She tilted her head confused.

Ruby: "Well yes! But they also make noise... Louder."