Prologue: What Happened

It was a nice and peaceful night in Tokyo, Japan. The city lights shined brilliantly as the city is still busy despite it being the evening. Pedestrians walked on the sidewalk and making their way, minding their business and making to their destination. Cars drove by from both directions as the headlights of the cars illuminated the street alongside the streetlights installed on the side of the road. One of those lights in the vast cityscape belonged to an apartment high in one of Tokyo's numerous skyscrapers. A young man stood by the window of the apartment overlooking the city and its shining lights. The young man was tall and lean with brown hair and golden-yellow eyes, but his eyes are almost lifeless as he scanned the cities. That young man is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Ayanokouji watched the city below him bustling with life and the lights of the buildings across from him flickered on and off as people proceed with their life and daily activities. Ayanokouji was sipping a cup of green tea before he placed in on a nearby table.

What a peaceful life. I've never imagined that it would be like this.

Ayanokouji sighed contently as he recalled a past event that occurred about 4 years ago and how it changed his life.

**********************************************

**Timeskip (4 years ago)**

It was the first day of school at ANHS and Ayanokouji has already encountered a problem. On the way to the school, Ayanokouji was on the bus, minding his own business and noticed a commotion between a cute girl with short beige-colored hair and a young man with blonde hair. The two aforementioned individuals were wearing the ANHS school uniform and going to the same school as Ayanokouji. Ayanokouji ignored it, but while he was looking around the bus, he met eyes with a girl with long black-hair with red eyes. Ayanokouji instantly felt an electric shock run through his body which confused him. It wasn't painful, but he was certain that he got shocked by something, and he looked around, finding nothing that would've caused him to feel a shock. When Ayanokouji looked around, he noticed that the black-haired girl was looking at him with an expression of horror, shock, and embarrassment as her cheeks were turning a little red. The girl immediately noticed that Ayanokouji was looking at her and she gave a glare at him before averting her eyes and staring at her book that she was reading. Ayanokouji was confused by her actions, but he noticed that the girl is flipping through the pages quickly and it didn't seem like the girl was reading at all.

Is she even reading at all? It seems to me that she's pretending to read. What was that shock I felt? It didn't hurt and the girl I was looking at is now avoiding me. Is there a correlation? No... I don't think so. It's probably a coincidence.

Ayanokouji's ride to the school was peaceful and uneventful as nothing happened, but Ayanokouji could swear that the same black-haired girl was glancing at him. But every time Ayanokouji looks in her general direction, the girl is looking at her book. Ayanokouji decided to ignore it and the rest of the bus ride was peaceful. Ayanokouji disembarked from the bus and made his way into the school, his new life for the next 3 years.

Ayanokouji learned the black-haired girl's name: Horikita and coincidentally, she happened to be in the same class as Ayanokouji and sat next to him. He noticed that Horikita's behavior was a little strange as she seemed to shy around Ayanokouji which was a different behavior that he saw during class. Horikita seems rather cold, reserved, and blunt around their classmates and acted a little differently around him which he found strange. Ayanokouji ignored it for now and wondered why today was so strange.

Ayanokouji did not feel the same shock that he experienced on the bus until later on the day. He was walking to through the Keiyaki Mall after he departed from Horikita at the convenience store. Suddenly, Ayanokouji bumped into a group of 4 female upperclassmen and as he was apologizing to them, he stared into one of the upperclassman's eyes. Suddenly, Ayanokouji felt the same electric shock run through his body, the same sensation that he felt with Horikita. The upperclassman's eyes widened as she stumbled backwards a little and her face was flustered.