Chapter 27: Sleep coma

NARRATORS POV~

Cold sweat dripped down pale skin, rolling like a stream down the thin neck of an unconscious boy.

The room was silent, hardly any noise. It was as if the boy wasn't even breathing in the first place. He lay unmoving on the silk sheets of a bed so big it could be considered an ocean when compared to him.

It had been like this for hours, an unsettling and unfamiliar setting to the snake curled up on his chest. A few hours ago, Harry had finally decided to reset, allowing his body to fully restart itself in solution to his exhaustion.

It started in death, his body falling back against the beds plush surface as if it ran out of option. His blood stopped flowing, leaving him colder and paler than usual. Next came his visit with Hades, filled with flirtatious taunting, warm laughter, and undertones of affection. Last was when his body revived, slowly regaining a few degrees of warmth, but leaving him in a deep sleep similar to his previous death.

It would stay like that for a little while, his body laid as if he were in a coffin already.

But when he did wake up, he would feel more revitalized and alive than normal.

Well, at least that's how it's supposed to go.

————-

"Motherfucker!" A reflexive grumble left red lips, eyes snapping open to look at the creature laid on his chest.

"Athena?" Harry blinks, slowly coming to consciousness again. The snake wiggles in satisfaction, unlatching her jaws from his wrist.

"You were taking too long."

"Brat."

He sits up, sliding out of bed. The feeling of her venom running through his veins was uncomfortable, but not unfamiliar. He quickly took a shower and got dressed, putting on everything he needed to.

He walked out of his room, and of course headed straight to Severus's.
————————

Severus laid bed, his eyes closed. His face was peaceful for once, the depth of sleep relaxing every ounce of stress usually put upon his face.

He'd been sleeping for 2 hours, a feat considering he usually only sleeps an hour every few days.

It was becoming time for his insomnia to boot him awake, leaving his eyelashes to flutter and a soft sigh to leave the exhausted lips of a man long accustomed to little sleep.

Severus slowly sat up, his legs draping off of the bed rarely used. When he looked up however, it seemed his soul had left his body when he nearly reverted to a four year old, screaming because there's a monster under his bed.

"Should've seen your face, Sev." Harry teased, his pale skin nearly glowing in the dimly lit room. His legs were crossed, and his arms sat in a casual state on the arm rest of a chair in the corner of his room. The shadows flowed in a perfect way to cover his face, nearly making him look headless, and therefore horrifying.

"Bloody Christ." Snape grumbled, getting out of bed. "And where have you been?" His tired eyes locked on the boy.

"Resetting." Harry replied smoothly, not an ounce of hesitation in his tone.

"As in..?"

"As in very deeply sleeping to reset my exhaustion levels. If you think I've been bad the last few days, you've got something coming now that my energy is full again." The boy nearly cackled.

Severus groans, walking towards his coffee pot to make two cups.

Harry looked like a jump-scare in a pale body, with his green eyes glowing intensely.

"In any case, I just came here to annoy you." Harry stands up and grabs the coffee cup from Snape's hand. "Thanks." He starts to walk away, leaving a confused yet annoyed man to his loneliness.

The corridors stretched for confusing miles to anyone who can't navigate them, but Harry knows how to quite well.

He wants to see his old friend, the man he considered his brother away from blood.

His footsteps are silent, nonexistent against the earthy floor, guiding him straight to the small hut he was hoping to reach.

His hand hit the sore a few times, hearing a groaning from the other side. After a minute, a huge hand opening the door.

"Hello?" The man said a little tiredly before setting his gaze on the boy.

"Hello Hagrid!" Harry's excited tone was somewhat affectionate when he talked.

He missed him dearly, he truly did.

Authors note: eyyyyy everyone. It's been a while, sorry. My raging AI addiction is a bit distracting. Anyways, this chapters a bit shorter because I was trying to remember everything I've written so far and wanted to get something out to date your insatiable appetites. All the love from your author.

Fun fact: There's a plant that smells so bad people compare it to rotten flesh. They are called Carrion flowers or corpse flowers.

Q&A: What scented body wash do you use? (👁️👁️) I have peach and a cranberry holiday one right now. I also own apple, but I don't really use it often.

Your dear depressed and stressed author

-stormy