Town of Agris

--- Author's Note ---

Before you begin with the reading, I just wanted to say that I'm going to add basic information and a picture as the story goes. The pictures of characters, weapons, places, and other stuff that I wish for you to imagine. 

Other than that, enjoy the chapter.

-------------------------------------------------

We arrived in town by noon, both men and horses tired as hell from such a long distance traveled. I could barely keep myself awake, as I wasn't used to staying up late. For most of my life, I'd been an early bird hitting the sack and rising early.

Not only that, but I couldn't fall asleep due to the force of the wind blowing right at me at such speeds.

"Come on now, Niall, let me lead you to your dorm where you'll spend your time. It's nothing special, but I hope it'll serve your needs," Marcus waved for me to follow him, and so I did.

The place where I'd be staying was called the Drunken Inn, a generic name for a fantasy inn, but I liked it.

Entering the inn, I was greeted by the owner, a relatively tall man who looked to be in his forties. He sported a thick mustache, a well-groomed beard, and semi-long brown hair."

He wore casual clothes that didn't give me any special thoughts about him. Approaching Marcus and me with his hands open, the man greeted us cheerily. "Welcome, friends! What brings you here this late at night?"

"Hey there, Gob. I just returned from my mission, and during the same mission, I found this fella here who beat the bandits all by himself!" Marcus exclaimed.

"All the bandits by himself?!" Gob quickly halted, scanning me from toe to head. "Are you sure the bandits killed each other for whatever dumb reasons they usually do? Or were you too drunk to mistake this little boy for such an act?"

I couldn't blame the owner for thinking such a thing. To anyone normal, the idea of a sixteen-year-old boy killing all those bandits would sound utterly ridiculous. Marcus, on the other hand, seemed displeased at being accused of drinking on duty. He facepalmed, sighed, and pushed me forward.

"He really did that, to my surprise as well. He's aiming to be an adventurer after all, so of course, he's bound to have some powers! Besides, accusing me of drinking on duty could bring me some trouble with the chief, you know?!"

Gob responded by laughing, holding his stomach from the sheer force of it. "Bahahaha, I'm just joking, Marcus. I know you too well to think of you lowly like that. Well, it's always nice to have some adventurers around the town, especially strong ones since monsters can be a nuisance from time to time..."

I stepped closer to Gob and extended my arm for a handshake. "My name is Niall. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Gob."

Looking at me for a mere moment, Gob extended his arm and shook my hand. His hand was much larger than mine, but I couldn't feel the strength behind it since I have a falna as well. After all, there is much difference in terms of power, strength, and pretty much everything between people who have a falna and those who don't.

"Nice to meet you, kid. Just call me Gob. People in the town call me by that name. Since you helped my good friend over there, you will always be welcome in my tavern... Here, take this." He handed me a key.

"This is a key to the first room on the upper floor. I don't need Marcus to tell me to know the reason why he brought you here. Go now and take a good rest, since even a blind chicken can see how tired you are." He smiled and patted me on the shoulder.

I nodded to both him and Marcus before heading upstairs to locate the room Gob had told me about. Upon entering the room, I found a basic tavern bedroom with a single bed, a wardrobe, a small wooden table, and a nice window that offered a view of the outside world.