Part 9

Taylor's POV

"She what?" I ask through the phone, pacing nervously as I run my fingers through my hair. "She was at the hospital. She's fine, though. Just a dislocated shoulder. She is upstairs resting now. Or at least that is what she is supposed to be doing. This may be a big house, but I can hear her cleaning TJ's room from here. She's not slick. She plays the same playlist every time she cleans that boy's room," Mom explains through the phone as I grab my keys. 

"What's her address? I am coming over," I ask, making my way to the door. "No, Taylor. We talked about this. You need to give her time. Plus, she doesn't have a place here in LA. She is staying with her Mum, and I don't think you're particularly welcome here. Not to mention her god mother and best friend are over and something tells me you're not poplar with them either. And that's with them knowing the bare minimum. I spoke to Scarlett and Lizzie last night when Harley went up because TJ woke up. They know pretty much nothing other than the fact that you are TJ's mother, and you never responded to Harley's messages. And that is enough for them to be rather unhappy with you. Imagine what they would be like if they knew everything, huh? You have to give Harley and her family time. Or this is never going to work out," she explained softly, making me sigh. I am in so much shit.

"The only reason I am telling you is because I don't want you to freak out when you see her arm in a sling tomorrow and cause a scene at the table read. I think that is the last thing you would both want. Especially Harls. She isn't a big fan of being the centre of attention. Plus, Harls said it was okay if I let you know, so I called. Now, take a deep breath and calm down. She is fine," Mom orders, which has me doing just that, not even realising just how worked up I had got at the thought of her being hurt.

"What happened? How did she hurt her shoulder? Are you sure she is okay? What hospital did she go to? Did she see the best doctor? I will call my doctor in New York and fly them over to check her over. She will have the best care there is. Should I get her a nurse to watch over her until she is healed? Yeah, that would be good, right? Does she need help with TJ while she is healing? I know she doesn't want me around, but I could help out. Or I could hire a childminder, the best there is. Did someone hurt her? I should get her guards like mine, right? I can send Greg over; she clearly needs him more than me. Whoever hurt her, I swear I will no body no crime them. I can help. Just tell me how. Should I call the cops? I should, right? Or, or... I don't know. But I will help however I can. Are you sure she is alright?" I rapid-fire questions, which has Mom hush me softly through the phone. 

"I took her to that doctor you went to last time you were in LA. She saw the best they had there. I called ahead and made sure of it. They were waiting for us, and we were seen straight away. She had an x-ray, and they gave her a sling once they put it back in place. Harley is fine, Taylor. Really. Calm down. It was an accident. TJ hurt her by accident. I don't think you will be helping anyone by getting TJ arrested for an accident. And Harley will kill you before you can lay a single hand on that boy to no body no crime him, so that is out of the question. She doesn't need guards. She is safe. Plus, Harls can take care of herself; if I know anything, it is that. TJ is just having a bad day; he has them sometimes, and he jumped out of a tree, and Harls just so happened to break his fall. The doctor said it was a pretty standard dislocation. I sat in while they were seeing her and listened to everything they said. She will be in a sling for a few weeks and then back to normal. Harls seemed alright through it all, just pissed that she can't write since she prefers making notes by hand. She was going to take an Uber to the hospital before I told her I would take her," Mom explained, making me sigh as I tried to wrap my head around it all.

"Wait, TJ was involved? Is he okay? What happened? Why was he in a tree? Did he hurt himself when he fell? Does he need a nurse? A doctor? What? Does he need Greg? He should have his own guards as well, right? I'll hire a whole team to protect them both. No, I should get them a team each. That would be better, right? Yeah, that'll be better—at least three for Harley and maybe seven for TJ. I'll make sure they all have medical training as well. That would work, right?" I ask. My worry that had just been eased is coming straight back at me.