Part 11

Taylor's POV

"Is she back yet?" I ask, having gone a full ten minutes since Mom picked up the phone before asking, although judging by the breath of air I hear Mom exhale, I didn't wait long enough to ask. "Taylor, you have asked me every time we have talked since she left if she is back, including two hours after she left for the airport, which was ridiculous, by the way, and my response has been the same every time," she grumbles, making me sigh as I work out what she is about to say. "No, she isn't back yet. I will tell you when she is. Plus, didn't you say she was going to message you when she was back to discuss the possibility of you two sitting down to talk things through?" She asks, making me hum as I finish grabbing the last few things I need before I head to watch the first day of filming.

I wasn't originally going to watch the film being shot because I don't really need to be there to work out a song that could fit. But now that I know Harley is going to be there, I am not passing up any opportunity to see her and TJ. So, I may have gotten Tree to rearrange some things so that I could stay in LA as long as possible before I continue with the tour. I told her it was so I could get a better vibe for the song, but I think we both know that was a lie. I mean, I could just watch the film in post to work things out. But if I go back to New York now, I know I will lose any chance I have of getting my family back, so for now, I will keep telling people I am here for the movie.

"She said she would be back today, though. And Greta told everyone she would be back to watch the first day of filming. Even Scarlett said she was back today. They start filming in an hour. Shouldn't she be back by now? What if something happened to her? She is alone in London, anything could have happened. I should have insisted that she took one of my guards with her until I talked her into getting some full-time. How could I be so stupid?" I question, nodding to Greg as I make my way outside and towards the car.

"Look, Tay. I don't know what you want me to say. I don't know anything. All I know is she came home and told us she had to head back to London for something, and then she was pretty much gone. She hasn't even called TJ since she left. I really don't know anything. But I do know that there is no way Harls would have agreed to you giving her a guard. Scarlett has tried before, and Harley shut that down quicker than she could finish the sentence. Over the years, all of us have suggested that Harls get security and some extra help, be it a maid, a driver, or a nanny, and Harley has rejected it all. She wants to live her life, and she wants to live it as normally as possible," Mom sighed, making me even more worried.

"She hasn't spoken to TJ since she left? Is that normal? Is he okay?" I ask, worry for both Harley and TJ creeping through my body. "No, since TJ was born, the longest she has left him is for a night, and even then, she messages hourly to check on him, and if he wasn't asleep when she left, she would ring at bedtime to sing him to sleep. This is the first time she has done anything like this since he was born. But TJ is fine. In fact, he hasn't asked to call her once, and when Flo offered to call Harls for him, he said she was busy doing something important and he would talk to her when she got back. Which was slightly odd because he is the biggest Mommy's boy I have ever met. Normally, he asks for Harley every five minutes, even if she is just in a different room, let alone away. He has been oddly calm since she left as well. Focusing on watching the clock and looking at something on his iPad rather than his usual active, twitchy self. I mean, he hasn't even eaten a doughnut since she left. It's all rather odd," Mom explains, which just adds to the bad feeling I have creeping through my body.

"I have tried calling her, but she hasn't picked up once, Mom. Something feels off. I have this feeling. I can't explain it. But ever since she left, I have felt like something bad was going to happen. I have this feeling of dread seeping through me, and I can't help but think something has happened to her, Mom. I can't live in a world that Harley isn't in, Mom," I mumble, not really knowing how to describe what is going on but also having a feeling of dread that hasn't left my body since Harley left the other night. It's odd, but something is just telling me that something is happening, and it's not good.