7. Attitude

It was my day off and Luis had work so he was upstairs getting ready. Eddie was feeding himself and I was watching him and helping him. He threw a piece of pancake to the floor.
"Excuse me, you don't play with food." I said loud enough for him to know I am seriouse. All he did was laugh.
"It's not funny" I say.
than he started putting surup all over his high chair. I tried to ignore it, but than he spilled all his milk onto his pancakes.
"Luis Eduardo Coronel! You don't do that." I scold.
He looked at me scared. I laughed.
"What's going on down here?" Luis asked.
"Your son, has an attitude" I say.
"It's just a phase." he replied.
"I know" I say.
He kissed me before he left and when he stopped kissing me I sighed.
"Later, I promise" I nod.
"Eduardo, be good for mommy!" Luis says.
"No!" He threw his fork to the floor.
"Good luck on this one babe" He laughed running outside.
"Eduardo, this is not okay, you're gonna have time out if you keep doing this." I say.
"No!" He said as he hit me on my chest with hsi sticky hands.
"Eduardo, that's it" I got him out of his high chair and took him upstairs to his room. I put him in his crib, and left him crying. I left him there while I cleaned the kitchen and his mess. Than I went to pick him up.
"Are you gonna behave yourself?" I asked. he nodded. "okay" I got him out.
"Sowwy mommy" he said.
"You need to learn that it's not okay to hit mommy okay?" I kiss his sticky cheeks.
"Okay" he nodded.
"Now let's get you cleaned up."