• | f o u r | •

•-4-•

When we exited the forest , it's like I entered in the 1800's. "Cause you actually did young buck!" Said a feminine shrill voice, that echoed in my mind. It's like I had heard it somewhere, wait it's that mysterious lady, the Library the book. The pieces of puzzles finally came in place.

So I actually entered in the past. Bu-bu-t how am I gonna escape and HOW DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW ME?!

Is it something related to my ancestors, but no one in my family told me that I looked like one.
My eyes widened, a shiver went down my spine when I saw a big house with a catholic Church on it's right. It's the exact same picture I saw in that old book. The man sitting behind me,"What happened young master, you are shivering. Is it cold?" He asked , sitting so close to me that he was able to feel me.

He opened his trench coat, "Here take my mack", said him resting it on my shoulders. I felt bad for him.

Soon we were there, in the big house.
They made me sit beside the man, on a separate royal chair. The same man who called me his son , I wanted to ask so many questions, yell but his intense aura stopped me from doing any stupidity.

A guard playing a saxophone entered the hall in which we were present along with some other guards coming behind him in line. After some seconds , they scattered and cleared the way for a another guard who was holding a thick chain which was tied around the girl's wrist who was following him.

She was wearing a cloak, her peach gown was dirty around her feets, she was the same girl who saved me. Her head was bowed down. He pulled the chains forcefully making her fell on her knees with a loud thud, that seems painful.

/They don't have a brain or what? Is this how they used to treat girls?!/

Before I could say anything, the man spoke, "Sir, she was found in the same forest as young master." A man from back kicked her back. She hissed.

THIS BASTARD!! BRO DON'T EVEN DESERVE HELL.

How can they assume this so easily?
How can this fragile soul can even manage to harm someone? What do these people think of themselves?

"No, she didn't did any harm. She is innocent" All heads turned to me, I wanted to say something many more things , but there are too many people.

"No, she can't be innocent. She is a relish." A man yelled from the crowd.
Now what is relish, maybe once in my life I regret missing history classes. My doubt got clear when a women said, "Just because she belongs to  lower caste doesn't mean that she is  not innocent."

A loud gunshot echoed in the whole hall.
I don't even know where the bullet came from and hitted that women. Silence engulfed the hall. No one dared to speak anything.

The old man sitting beside me craned his head to me, unfazed about the death of a living being, "What punishment you want to give her, Son?"

/You rasca--/

"Nothing! Release her!"

Written on- 23 Feb, 2024

Published on- 26 March, 2024