• | t e n | •

•-10-•

I chuckled nervously, scratching the back of my head. Yea! I came here for the first time but I can't just spill the truth like this infront of her face.

"Actually I studied abroad."

Wow! Wonderful excuse. But her eyes shined listening to this. She seems so excited like a little child who got her favourite chocolate.

"Abroad? Wow! How is it there? Like it's different from our country or better or bad? Which country have you been?" Her eyes shined with excitement, looks like she is actually stopping herself from jumping.

"Yes, I have been to North America. It's......" The rest of the trip was me telling her about my international trip. Thank god I've been to one. Otherwise she would be suspicious.

We reached the Melis market. She cowered back a little with a scared expression resting on her face, looking at some men who were checking people's wrists. They look so rude. There were not even female guards for ladies, they might feel uncomfortable with scrambled eggs looking faced men touching their wrist.

"We should go to Relish market." She whispered, I have to crouch down to hear what she is saying. "No. It's ok Alcy, I'm here."

I assured before going. They checked my wrist. The grip was damn tight, I beg it can easily leave a mark on her soft skin. Before I can say something, he was already holding her wrist, the one on which cloth is tied.

He looked at the handkerchief than at me, meanwhile I looked at Alice who was biting her lips in worry.

/She looks effortlessly hot-- it's not the time to appreciate her beauty you fvcke--/

"She got bruised. Don't touch it."
I said,

"But we have to check." He said

"You don't believe me?"

"No" he said nonchalantly.

/Ok that was straight up rude dude/

"She is your sister?" He asked understanding, leaving her wrist, I pulled her to me.

"Wife" I replied, he nodded and let us go.

We finally entered. She didn't asked anything about that.

I knew in this time , girlfriends boyfriends were not considered good.
So, I didn't said that and hell I can't imagine her as my sister, not even in my dreams.

In the market, I saw that there were not much women just some old ladies buying kitchen necessities. The young ones were held by men, whom I assume is their husband. They looked scared. Some even had marks on their skin, beating marks.

I was so furious, our nation was fucked up. My eyes fell on Alice, who was walking beside me, looking down,
Our hands were interwined.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked softly bowing my face to her level, she nodded.

I also nodded in return. We explored the market, ate candy floss, icecream, the one they made from fruits infront of us and many more, she denied each of them , she was not ready to eat something from my money- My dad's money, Wait- he's not even my dad.

Uh whoever money it is.

Lastly it was time for rides, mostly rides were for kids, only Carousel and Ferris wheel was suitable for us.

I told her to go on Carousel first, she was hesitant but nodded. She is so so obedient.

I clicked some of pictures of her on my phone , without anyone knowing although some people so gave me weird stares but I'm used to it. I told the boy to stop Carousel, and sat behind her. She flinched when my body touched her.

"Why you look so scared?" I asked my thoughts aloud.

"Uh... It's my first time." She replied lowly.

My mind went somewhere else listening this sentence but I composed myself.

"How? You've never been to Carousel?" I asked, she shook her head in negative.

"No, I've never been to rides. Relish market don't have much rides. The one they have, mother and father didn't allowed me to go on them." She fiddled with her fingers.

That's bad.

"Uh.... That's so..... I mean if you ever wanted to go anywhere, just call me, I mean you can come to me whenever you need or want something." I didn't knew how to console someone and I can't just hug her infront of everyone.

Written on- 17 March, 2024

Published on- 5 April, 2024