AfterDeath - I

Geno had just gotten finished with some extra papers that his colleagues gave him. It was time for them to go at least 4 good hours ago. He too was supposed to leave but, he was given extra work instead. They were still clipped too, as they had that usual and singular pink sticky note of 'Urgent' on them, as this was also a factor towards him staying. 

Stretching while in his chair, he yawned deeply. His bones popping pleasurably. The popping of bone and stretching of nonexistent, yet ectoplasm muscle being very much needed. Turning off his computer afterward and standing, he added more to his stretches, stretching as far back as he possibly could. A good 3 seconds in he had to quickly lean back forward, becoming immediately and quickly lightheaded. So lightheaded that he almost fell backwards back into his chair. Almost, since his boss, Reaper, came and kept him onto his feet. 
Having no choice but to lean against him to retain his balance, and being asked if he was okay, he nodded his head as he rubbed his head as well, putting his weight back up  onto his feet and leaning onto the desk. 
"Yes, Boss. I am..about as fine as I can be." Geno stepped to the side and proceeded to gather the papers that he had to do overtime for. 
"Are you certain? You didn't have to do all this today." "I wanted to go ahead and do it anyway since it was something urgent. My colleagues also gave me all of their work too so, that was even more work that was put onto my shoulders that I had to do."

Letting out a sigh, "They still doing that?" Reaper asked, holding out his hands, a mild stack of papers being out in them. "Yeah. I don't exactly mind it, since I do need the extra money. Though it is starting to get even more annoying the more and more they do it." "..Understood." Reaper rests the papers off to the side, which simply vanished into thin air the moment they were sat down.

Geno turned, about to get his stuff together, "May I ask you a question?" Geno then went back to getting his stuff put together, sighing gently. Knowing exactly how his questions are sometimes. "Go ahead. Even though you already have." 

Chuckling, looking Geno up and down a bit but, keeping his eyes respectfully to himself. "How..would you like to get a raise?"
Geno paused, letting it fully register before turning and looking at his boss. Looking into his vacant yet always serious eyes, he saw that he was completely serious, though he still had to ask. "Are you serious?" "Why of course. And not just that. How about I add a promotion on top of that?" Reaper leaned against the cubicle, crossing his arms.
It took a moment for it to register, having to rub the scar along his body since it was starting to ache. Not in a bad way though, but In a good way. Leaning against his desk for a moment, looking down in silence. 

Once it all did register though, he looked at his boss. "Are you..certain about that? I haven't even been here for that long. What about the other employees? Haven't they done enough to get a raise and/or a promotion." 
"Yes. I am certain." Reaper's voice had much more of a serious tone to it, his usual smile still not leaving. The scarred skeleton was once again in a small state of shock, though making a small face in the small need of confirmation. Wanting to be absolutely sure that-
"Look. Yes, you were not here for that long. You joined us at least a good year and a half ago, and you've done a very amazing job. In fact.." Reaper stood back up straight, taking a small step towards Geno, the both of them almost being face to face but looking into one another's eyes. 
"You have done more than an amazing job. You've done an outstanding job. In the span of the year and a half you have been here, you've done more work than those that have been here for two to three years tops. Granite, I do have employees that have done a substantial amount of work since they have been here for 5 to 10 plus years- But. Looking at all you have done, you have done at least 10 to 15 percent of their total work. Much more than the ones that simply give you the work that They should be doing." 

Reaper's lowered voice and sincerity made Geno blush a bit. Just a dusting.

"Despite you wanting to go home some days, you still take time out of your day to do the work that you do, and the work that was given to you out of laziness. Shoot. I've even seen you take some work home with you so you can finish it." Blushing more out of embarrassment, Geno looked down a bit, rubbing his stomach softly. "Y-you saw that, huh?" "Of course." Reaper chuckled, wanting to get closer but, he didn't want to impede more into Geno's personal space.
"I have quite the keen eyes, don'cha know." "..Ahh. You're just saying this just to butter me up and smooth me out. I know how this plays out, you know."