9 - Mission

You, Ghost, Soap, and Vision were all placed at the site, taking your places to exterminate this group, Vision was placed as a sniper covering us. "Gaz, we are in sight of the building, what's the best option for entrance? How Copy?" Ghost said, you and Soap looked around. "Your best bet is to take out the front guards and just keep going up those floors." He replied after a moment. "Roger." Ghost replied, moments later the front guards dropped dead from Vision's sniper. The three of you snuck into the building. You all took out multiple men of this dangerous team, Vision occasionally shooting some people for coverage. You couldn't help but feel like something was off. You kept glancing at Vision's placement, once you got up to the last floor you realized she wasn't in position. You leaned closer to Soap, "We've been double-crossed, we are in a trap, don't do anything suddenly, Vision is a part of the enemy team currently." you whispered to him, his eyes widened, he stepped closer to Ghost whispering what you told him, he turned around and looked around cautiously, he pressed his mic, leaving the mic on for Gaz, whispering him what he learned. No response, you heard the patter of footsteps coming up the stairs. You and the guys looked at each other and nodded, having the same idea. 

  All of you his behind something and busted the lights, causing total darkness, and shot the people that came up the stairs in a reckless but somewhat accurate manner, some would scream out in pain, and others just dropped dead. You all waited for a few minutes before taking out flashlights and getting out of the building, "Okay, remember, shoot the lights, and stay close, don't make a sound." Ghost said to me and Soap, and we nodded. His mic went off, "Ghost, it's a trap, we have the heli on the way, exit the building quickly." He said urgently, "Roger, we are on our way." Ghost replied. You made your way out of the building, sticking to Ghost's plan, successfully making it outside. The heli was just in front of the tree line, you all quickly made your way quietly until you noticed a laser skim across your bodies, you turned around and ran towards where the laser came from. You saw a guy get up and start running, you shot him in the back multiple times before turning around to go back to the heli only to be restrained from behind and tackled to the ground, the heli started taking off. Your eyes teared up until you saw it hover and land, the men started dragging you away from the heli.

  Ghost and Soap jumped out of the helicopter before it completely landed, urgently trying to get to you in the dark, only able to see the silhouette of the men dragging you. They shoot around you, the men shooting back at them, taking the opportunity to kick around and distract the men to give the guys time to run towards you. You swiped your tied-up legs under the men, one of them angrily putting his gun to your head before being shot in the head himself, his blood splattered all over your mask. The other men stood up and looked around, trying to find Ghost and Soap in the tall grass, hidden in the night and movements covered up by the whirling wind. One by one the men started dropping dead. "Zabud'te o nikh, nam nuzhno bystro otvesti etu devushku k bossu, my ne mozhem podvesti. Davayte, muzhchiny!" One of the men yelled to the others. Your eyes widened, was Vision their boss, what did she want with you, you wondered, somewhat afraid. You were dragged around once more, men continuing to drop dead, before being stopped by Soap and Ghost standing in front of them. Before the men could even process they were all shot dead on sight. You sighed in relief and put your head down, waiting for them to come to you. 

  Ghost quickly ran and threw you over his shoulder, Soap right behind him, he took the taped cloth away from your mouth so you could speak. "Thank you guys." You said, just wanting to be safe at the base. "No thank you, lass, because of you we're alive and we know to trust your judgment, if you hadn't figured out it was a trap we could've walked into something harder to get out of." He replied. Once you were all on the heli it took off, Ghost cutting the ropes away from your body. You sighed and sat down in between Ghost and Soap. You talked to Soap tiredly and Ghost intertwined his pinkie finger with yours, you smiled under the mask, thinking it was cute that just him being next to you wasn't enough. The flight back to base took a while, Gaz and Price were waiting outside for you all. You sighed in relief once you laid down on the couch, Ghost lifting your head to sit, your head resting on his thigh, while Soap had lifted your legs, now they were stretched across his lap, Gaz sat on the floor in front of the couch, his legs under the table. Salem jumped up on your chest, he was so much bigger than before you joined 141. 

  You looked around, at the guys, at Salem, and let out a sigh of comfort. Suddenly Price's words echoed in your head, '...our team is more than just coworkers, we are family, so feel free to get comfortable around us...' You smiled, finally feeling like you belonged somewhere.