Chapter 8

YVONNE

Whoever said they knew what traffic was, they for sure haven't been in Paris during Fashion Week. The streets are filled with cars, every turn has a possible outcome of bumping into a car, there are honks everywhere. I've been staying in a small apartment in the city centre of Paris for a few weeks now, and I thought I've been getting used to the way people drive here, turns out I'm not.

Since today is extra important, I took a taxi to take me to somewhere near the Trocadéro Place, since some of the streets have been blocked given the event in town. I pay the taxi driver and step outside, on my way to find the entrance to the Chaillot Palace. I've seen tones of pictures of it and have fallen in love with the place ever since I first came in Paris, yet I never thought I'd actually be able to model for Fashion Week in it.

I get through security check and take out my phone to text Caroline, the one I have to meet here to lead me to where I'm supposed to be backstage and get ready for the fashion show. Caroline picks up at first ring and starts tell me directions to where I am supposed to go. There are already guests arriving, and I have to be ready in a few minutes.  She says left, so I do just that, since apparently she's somewhere where she can already see me, and I have no fucking clue where she is. She then immediately says right, and I have to do a 180-degrees turn, that has me bumping into someone. As I look up, I might as well let out a scream, for standing in front of me is the one and only Aria Grant, my idol in fashion and the one who inspired me to become a fashion influencer.

I place the phone at my neck a bit, to not hear Caroline for a few moments. I keep looking at her. She looks fucking gorgeous, even better than in the pictures. She has golden blonde hair, that is usually curly but has been straightened for today, a gorgeous black short dress with long sleeves and a turtle neck, black tights with diamond applications and some black platforms. She looks so perfect.

Next to her is a guy in a black tux, white shirt, and some sneakers, with brown hair, a bit curly, and some brown eyes. I know it's not her boyfriend, since as I said, I'm following her on social media and I know her boyfriend is a Formula One superstar, Lewis Cunnan. And I also know from the vlog she posted on YouTube a few days ago that she'll be coming to Fashion Week, but her boyfriend will come later, since he has to go to visit his family in New York for a few days.

"I'm so sorry", I say, reminding myself I just bumped into her.

Aria only puts on a polite smile that doesn't even seem fake, and answers: "No problem. Have an amazing night."

The guy offers her his arm and the two walk away, making people stare at them, for the power they hold. I snap out of it and finally find Caroline, who takes my hand and leads me backstage.

"Did you just bump into Aria Grant?", she asks.

I nod, feeling a bit embarrassed right now. It's then, mostly to make conversation, I ask: "Do you happen to know who the guy was?"

"Chris Graves, a Formula One driver for a team called ASTORIA. He'a one of Aria's guests."

"Is she modelling today?", I continue.

Caroline shakes her head. "Not today. She's doing Valentino and Dior tomorrow. But you will be sharing a runway for Chanel on Friday."

I'm fangirling inside, to be honest.

Feeling much better than I did before, I go backstage and get ready for the show.
~
Next morning, I wake up and decide to go for a run. I quickly get changed in a black hoodie, white leggings and some sneakers matching the color of the hoodie, and go outside the apartment, not before snapping a quick picture in the mirror, that I put in my story. I take the usual track I run, and make sure the music in my ears is extra loud, offering me a good start in the day. I am attending the Valentino and Dior show today. And even though I'm not modelling til tomorrow, people underestimate how tiring this week can be.