Chapter 14

LEVI

"Are you comfortable?", Chris asks me as we're sharing an e-scooter to check out the track of the Bahrain GP. I know it by heart already, so I don't get the point. Especially given the fact it's five am. But Lewis made us come, since his little sister is here together with her friends, and Mya loves Formula One. I look at the e-scooter with her and her boyfriend, the girl almost jumping with joy. Ashton has to place a hand on her waist to steady her from falling.

I tilt my head thinking about. How come a 17-year-old managed to get a healthy relationship, and a fucking 28-year-old like me is about to enter in a marriage of convenience?!

"Oh, yes, I sure am", I respond, a smirk blooming on my lips. I wrap my hands around Chris' waist and ask: "Are you?"

Blame the early hour or the boredom in my head, but I need some entertainment.

"Was that necessary, Levi?", he asks me.

I nod convinced, starting to rub circles on his back. "How about now?"

"For heaven's sake, Levi", he shouts, yet I can hear it in his voice he is amused.

"Does it make your pussy throb?", I continue, innerly dying from laughter.

"No, Levi. It does not make my pussy throb. Since I don't have one. As do you."

I can't help it anymore and start laughing out loud. He tries to remain offended for a while, but he also joins me in laughter after a few seconds.

It's then I glance at the other e-scooters around. Mya and her boyfriend. Aria and Lewis.

Me and Chris.

"We're the hopeless fucks around here", I let out.

Chris also looks around the scene, and nods amused. "We sure are."

"How's your romance life, Chrissy?", I ask him.

"It's like my Porsche", he replies.

I look at him surprised. I know for a fact Chris has thousands of cars, but not a Porsche. He only owns ASTORIA cars, saying he's loyal to the team and all.

"I don't have a Porsche", he adds.

We both grin like idiots at each other, then start laughing louder.

"How about you, Lev?", he throws it back at me, still smirking.

"Like your Porsche", I reply.

Cue the two idiots laughing at each other.

It's then I think about something I kept secret from everyone until now, and add: "Although..."

Chris gets serious as he notices I am serious too. "Although?"

"I'm getting married soon."

Chris, who was the one driving, almost drives us off the track.

"Chris, fuck, focus on the road. Do you want to kill me before I make you best man?!"

My best friend starts driving like a normal person again, then asks: "What do you mean you're getting married?!"

"Remember Emily?"

"How could I forget her? She's the one who made me have rather inhumane fantasies about slow murders with a teaspoon."

I raise an eyebrow at him. We both know he would never hurt anyone. And especially not with a teaspoon. He loves teaspoons too much for it. I swear, the guy has a teaspoon collection at his home. All crowned by his Queen Victoria themed teaspoon. I wanted to touch it once when we were making burgers at his place in London, and he sprayed me with ketchup to take some distance from the love of his life.

"Well, Emily decided to continue to make my life hell, so I am fake dating someone."

"So you are taking Aria's advice after all", he smirks.

I hit him in his stomach with my elbow. Hard.

"I might", I then add.

He just keeps smirking. "Well well, she'll be thrilled." Then, after a while, he asks: "And who's the lucky girl?"

"I'm not telling you."

"The one from the fashion show", he figures it out.

"I'm neither confirming nor denying."

"What's her name again... Yvonne", he finds out the answer.

I sighs exhausted. "Yes."

"Well, congratulations. When can we meet her?"

"I thought I said she's my wife", a weird protective instinct gets over me.

Where the fuck did that come from?

"She is", he replies, calming down that instinct. As if he knew. It's then he adds: "But if she's your wife, then she's joining the family. And we need to give her a proper welcome."

"My family is crazy as shit", I am quick to say. They really are. Yvonne is better off not knowing them.

Chris turns around to show me his eyebrow is raised. "I meant us, asshole."

Oh. "Well, in that case, you're also crazy as shit."

"Gee, thanks. Want us to kick you out of the family? I'm cutting you off my will, Levi", he teases.

"I'm so sorry, Daddy", I tease right back. "Were you going to pass over your Porsche to me?"

"Asshole", I can hear him hiss.

I have to laugh again, before I say: "You can meet her in Australia. She's coming over for the Prix. We're going to attend the Australian Open first, just to get all shiny in front of the camera."

"Is she attending the other races as well, after that?"

"TBD"

"Okay then. I'll come up with something", he assures me.

I really hope it ain't a teaspoon parade.