Chapter 23

YVONNE

Turns out I really needed a guide for the paddock, for it really is huge. And it also seems that Aria is the perfect guide. She literally knows every corner of the thing, not to mention everyone in it.

We pass a red colored garage, and a smirk appears on Aria's lips. Without having to think much about it, she takes my hand and leads me inside the garage. We're greeted by something that looks similar to our APOLLO garage when it comes to the size and amount of people in it. Earlier, we visited the Rune garage and it seemed to be a bit smaller, proving Axel's theory about the Big Three.

People wearing red shirts are fussing around, the atmosphere not any less relaxed as by APOLLO.

An engineer looks up discovering us, and after smirking at Aria once, he sighs and says: "Great. More APOLLO people."

"Did anyone say APOLLO?", a familiar voice asks. Wearing a red racing suit, Chris appears from behind a corner, and heads straight to us. "Luca, that's not the way to greet our guests", he teases the engineer. As he's close by, Chris hugs me, Aria and Winnie, then stands up to lean against a table.

"See Levi already geared you up", he adds, pointing with a smirk on his lips at the cap on my head.

I nod, feeling rather proud of my cap.

He smiles with a wink, and then asks: "Do you want a tour?"

Thirty minutes later we're back at the entrance, after what has been a crash course in the Astoria history. Turns out it is an Italian team, with an Italian team principal, an Italian driver...and Chris. The ultimate London Boy, born and raised in the UK. He told us he even learned Italian, since most meetings or team events happen to switch from English to Italian now and then.
As we're back out, Aria leads me and Winnie through the paddock, stopping to greet people or introduce me to some from now and then.

We at one point arrive to the Paddock Club and Aria makes me a sign to follow her til we arrive at a lounging area. She heads straight for a table in one of the corners, a coffee table with two couches and two armchairs around it. Sitting around the table are five women and a little boy, probably around Winnie's age, who all smile as they see us.

"Meet the wag club", she whispers in my ear before taking my hand and waltzing straight to where they are sitting.

"Aria", a brunette with some gorgeous blue eyes exclaims. She stands up and comes give her a very tight hug, then kisses Winnie's forehead once. The brunette seems familiar and I mentally go through the list of people I know, til I recognize her. Lia Sinclair. She's a model, and we did the Fendi runway together this Summer.

"Yvonne, right?", Lia asks, having recognized me too. A smile tugs on my lips and she has me in a tight hug too.

"Lia, let the girl breathe", Aria comes to my rescue. "We don't want to kill her on the day of her first race."

"I know, I know", she says. I now also remember the strong French accent in her voice. "I'm just excited. It's not every day someone jouns our little club."

I smile, and Lia takes my hand, pulling me next to her on the couch. Aria follows, and we end up sharing a couch as four. Me, Aria, Lia and Naomi, who I already met at the tennis match.

"Great match", I congratulate her. She really deserved the title she won.

She smiles at me, leaning to wrap an arm around my shoulder for a bit. "Thanks. It's good to see you again, Yvonne."