Chapter 1 - A new quest

Pov - Percy

I am packing to go home. Finally, it feels like, the calm after the storm. But it's not. It's the calm before a storm to be honest.

Kronos is rising. He is forming an army and luke, the best swordsman in the camp in three hundred years is a loyal follower. He is both smart and strong. That combination saves your head if the person fights beside you. But when the person fights you, it kinda creates a problem.

I was gazing nowhere in particular when I heard someone coming. I turned to see who it is. It was a new camper. I guess her name is Lara... I don't know. But something with a L.

She knocked on the cabin door."Yes?" I asked. "Chiron called you. Wanted to speak to you about something important." She said in a dreamy voice.

"Oh yeah. Okay. I will go and see Chiron. Thank you for telling me.... Lara right?"

"It's Luna. Luna lovegood"

That's when i noticed something. Damn not just dreamy voice she has dreamy eyes too.

I nodded with a smile and left to see Chiron.

Chiron was talking to Mr.D when I entered the big house. Luna followed me inside the big house.

They stopped talking when I entered.

"Percy. Luna."

"Peter. Lana."

They both said at the same time.

I don't bother correcting Mr.D. I know for sure he is going call me Peter Johnson again.

"It's Luna sir. Luna lovegood." Luna said. Oh she doesn't know. It's kinda Mr.D's thing.

He never calls anyone by their actual name.

He just assumes.

"Whatever"

"I have a quest for the both of you."

What!. I just returned from one. I want to spend sometime with mom.

"Chiron. I just came back from one." It's unbelievable. He is sending me again.

And also the girl, she is a new camper. She needs training before going on a quest.

"I know Percy. But you and Luna are the only ones who are capable of going."

"I am new to the whole demigod thing. The only reason I went on the lightning bolt quest was I was accused of stealing it. And-

"Percy"

-Luna just arrived a few days ago. She needs training. Why are you making her go. This is-"

"Percy"

I stopped talking.

"What do you know about your mother's family Percy?"

"What does mom have to-"I was cut off by Chiron.

"Answer me"

"Grandma and grandpa died when she was five. No siblings." In other words she was an orphan. But I don't like saying that because my mom doesn't deserve that.

"That's not true Percy. Your mother was not truthful about her legacy."

Before I can say something Chiron cut me off and said "She wanted to protect you from an evil person."

Protect me. Really. Last time she hid something from me to protect me, we got attacked by a fury, a minotaur and she got abducted by Hades.

"Percy. All I can say is it's your mother's story to tell. Tell your mother that I am sending you to Hogwarts on a quest and it's time to tell you her other secret. She will understand." Chiron said and started leaving. He suddenly stopped and turned around to look at me.

" And about Luna. I am sending her with you because she is a student in Hogwarts. Also this quest is confidential. So you can't tell anyone. Not even to Grover and Annabeth"

What!!! I wouldn't last two days in a quest without her. Although I won't admit it. And Grover is my best friend.

"Wait a minute. Student. You mean Hogwarts is a school."

"Yes. Percy. Hogwarts is a school. The school where your mother studied. I can only say that much. Talk to your mother about this."

I guess I need to talk to my mother then.