Chapter 5 - Parental care

Pov - Harry

I am screwed. I look at my dad's angry face. And stef also looks mad. Damn she never gets mad at me.

Stef rushes towards me. I thought she was going to shout at me but she suddenly hugged me. I don't know what to do for a moment. She took a deep breath and whispered "You scared the shit out of me buddy."

I hugged her back. She took a deep breath. "I am okay stef." I reassured her. She pulled away and dad came in front of me.

Okay R.I.P Harry Potter.

"Do you have any idea how reckless and dangerous the stunt you pulled was." He said. He is trying his best to be calm. Emphasis on trying.

"Harry you could have been dead. There is a killer on loose. A crazy psychotic mass murderer. If by some means he caught you alone you will be in terrible danger. Killing a thirteen old is a piece of cake for him." He shouted.

"Dad. I know what I did was reckless. I am sorry they were talking I'll about you and mom and I couldn't take it. I became impulsive." I explained him. He sends me to aunt Petunia's house every summer for a week because he wanted me to feel connected to mom. But they hate mom. Aunt Petunia calls mom a freak.

"So. You decided to go on a suicide mission because you cannot tolerate your aunt's behaviour. Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now."

"Well..... When you put it like that."

"Harry you have be cautious. Stop doing risky things. There is a killer on loose-"

"Dad. It's not like Black escaped azkaban to kill me. Besides I know I shouldn't have done it. It's just she called mom a bitch and you a drunk. I couldn't take it anymore. Will you sit quietly when someone calls mom a bitch.?"

That shut him up. He can not sit quietly if someone calls mom a bitch. That will result in broken jaws.

Dad took a deep breath and looked me in the eye. He cupped my face and said "I would if that's what it takes to keep you safe. It would kill me but I would if it gaurentees your safety. Because I would not risk what I have for something I have lost forever. No matter How precious it was."

Did he just say.... God I don't like seeing dad like this. All broken because he got another reminder that mom is gone forever. The stories I hear about dad from stef portray him as this mischievous guy. Even my professors gave me a hint about it. But I never got to see that version of him. All I ever saw was the most disciplined dad.

"I am sorry dad." I said.

"I don't want you to apologise Harry. I want you to be safe."

I gave him a small nod.

"Okay. Time out. Now Harry go to you room and freshen up we will go down and eat something before going to be." Stef said. I said yes and went to my room. We had dinner after I took a shower and I went to bed after dinner.

Pov - Percy

I finally came to my mom's apartment. I am about to spend the entire day with my mom before going to Hogwarts. But I am not as happy as I was about it.

Imagine the person who you looked up to, from whom you seek guidance turned out to be a backstabber. That's what Luke was.

You shall be betrayed by the one you call a friend.

Now it all makes sense. Luke castellan.
He is the friend who betrayed me. He tried to kill me with a freaking Pit scorpion. I am really worried about Annabeth. Luke meant a lot to her. I don't know how she is dealing with the fact that he is working with Kronos.

I decided to ignore these facts and spend the day with mom. I knocked the door and waited for mom to open it.

She opened the door with a huge smile. I like that smike on her. It's genuine these days as she doesn't have to deal with the crap of smelly Gabe. He is a stone after all.

"Hi mom." I went inside. She practically squeezed me into a hug.

"Hi baby."

I don't want to tell her anything now and spoil our day so I just kept quiet. We watched a movie, cooked some blue food and even went for shopping.

After all the fun we came home by 9. My mom settled in the couch and took a deep breath.

"I can't believe you are going to Hogwarts." She said. I looked at her. She was smiling.

"I always thought you will never get to walk the castle. But I wanted you to go there."

"Then why didn't you send me." I asked.

"Because I was scared of your safety. You-know-who can come back any moment and you will be in danger if he ever realise how powerful you are."

I understand her concern. She just wants to protect me I can't blame her.

"But I always wanted you to go there. It's a wonderful place Percy. It's somewhere where you can find a second home."

"You are my home mom. Nothing can change that. No matter how good it is." I said. And I meant every single word. She is my only home. My only family.

You do have a family in the wizarding world you know, mom's siblings.

My inner voice reminded me. I don't know if I will get to meet them. Maybe if I am lucky.

Mom gave me a hug.

"I have to tell you something."

And I told her everything that happened in camp. Luke betraying me. Ne getting stung by a pit scorpion. Almost dying. Everything.

"Oh Percy." Her voice cracked and her eyes welled up. She gave a tight hug. Like she never want to let me go.I hugged her back and reassured her that I am fine.

"Promise me something." She said looking me in the eye.

"What?"

"In Hogwarts you will not be mischievous. You will not volunteer for any adventure. No rule breaking."

I took a deep breath. "Mom Chiron gave me a job to do and I cannot do that if I give you this promise." She looked disappointed but still tried her best to look understanding. Emphasis on tried.

"But I can promise one thing. I can promise to stay alive." I said with a smile.

She gave me a are-you-serious look.

I took her hand on mine and said I will stay safe mom. I promise.

She kissed my forehead and said "You better."

Hogwarts here I come.