Chapter 2 - My mom is a witch

Pov - Percy

I am holding a golden drachma to Iris-message my mom. I honestly don't know what to ask her. Maybe I should go like Hey mom! Chiron just told me u went to some witchy school. So did you learn any hocus pocus bibiti bobiti boo stuff somewhere called hogwarts.

Okay that is weird. But really I should talk to mom. Chiron told me I should talk to my mom about her legacy before going on this quest. So I have to.

"O goddess, accept my offering" I threw the drachma into the rainbow and said "show me Sally Jackson".

A misty hologram started to form and I could see my mom sitting at a table and writing something.

"Mom"

"God. Percy you scared me. How are you? Are you-"

"Mom what do you know about Hogwarts"

She stopped in mid sentence and kept staring at me for a moment. Then she snapped out of it and said "What?"

"Hogwarts mom. Do you know anything about this place."

"Percy where did you hear about that place."

"Chiron. He is sending me on a quest there. But before that He wanted me to ask you about your legacy which you lied to me about, according to Chiron. He also told me Hogwarts is a school and you went there."

Mom took a deep breath. "Percy. Hogwarts is a school of magic."

"Okayyy"

"My mother and father both were witches and wizards. So obviously me and my siblings were one."

"Wait. Siblings. As in more than one. I didn't even know you had a sibling. Let alone more."

"Yes. Now do not interrupt me."

"My siblings and I went to Hogwarts. My twin sister and I, were in our fourth or fifth year and suddenly something unusual started happening. People were disappearing and dying. Both in the wizarding and muggle world."

"Muggle?" That is a weird word. But then so is the fact that I am a demigod or witches and wizards exist.

"Non-magic mortals."she said.

"All these deaths and disappearances had one thing in common. The dark mark. It's a symbol of a really dark and evil wizard. His name is v... vo-" she stopped. It's like she is scared of saying that name. Like it's bringing some unwanted memories.

"Are you okay mom?"

"Yeah" although I am not sure if she is okay. God I wish I could hug her right now.

"Voldemort" she said in a low voice. She paused for a minute and started again.

"He was recruiting followers. Killing muggle-borns and establishing blood supremacy was his main motive."

Blood supremacy now what is that. As if my mom could read my mind she started explaining that.

"When someone is born in a wizarding family. When their parents and ancestors are magical they are purebloods. One magical parent and one muggle or muggle-born parent then half blood. And both muggle parents muggle-borns."

Damn. There are categories. Wait did she say half-blood. That has an entirely different meaning in the wizarding world.

"Some pureblood families, they think that muggle-borns are not worthy of magic and call themselves supreme because they are purebloods. Voldemort had the same belief. He believed in pureblood supremacy. So he recruited followers. He started killing muggles and muggle-borns taking over the wizarding world."

This guy sounds evil.

"My parents died of dragon pox. My siblings and I, were members of the order. An association against him. One day a fight went really bad and My friend Elena.... she..... She didn't survive. That curse was for me and she took it for me."

A tear slipped from my mother's eye. I have never seen her cry before. And I don't want her to. She is a wonderful person who deserves only happiness. And right now I am so grateful that my mother had a friend like Elena. But I also feel sorry that she had to lose her..

"After that incident I couldn't take it anymore. So, I told my brother I needed a break and came here to America to take my mind off things. Here I met your dad. Some of the best days of my life. Once I started feeling quite better I returned to England. But the fact that my best friend is gone.... Then I found out that I was pregnant. And I was so scared about what he would do to you."

"Why would voldemort-"

Mom suddenly flinched hearing his name "Don't say his name."

"-harm me"

"Percy muggles and muggle-borns are not you-know-who's only target. Purebloods who do not support him and his views were also in danger. Blood traitors are also as bad as muggle-borns for him. And you are not just a wizard Percy. You are a demigod too. Any wizard who is also a demigod will be so powerful, even when your godly parent is a minor god. Your father is one of the big three. He would have definitely sensed your power. Either he will try to recruit you or would have tried to kill you because you will be a threat. So I left before anyone could know about your existence. Didn't even say anything to my siblings or friends. I am a missing person in the wizarding world. "

I really don't know what to say except I am so lucky. She did it for me. She left her siblings and her entire life behind for me. She was putting up with the creep for me. I am so lucky to have her as my mother.

"I started bothering you even before being born."

"Don't say that Percy. None of this is your fault."

Really. I don't think so. She had to run away from her friends and family, Tolerate smelly Gabe for years. All because she wanted to keep me safe. Sounds like my fault to me.

"Percy. If you are going to Hogwarts you cannot tell that you are a demigod."

"Okay." I figured that much. I can't tell anyone I am a half wizard in the camp and I can't tell anyone I am a demigod in Hogwarts. This is going to be fun. Note the sarcasm.

"I don't want anyone in the wizarding world to know about you being my son. I have been hiding from them and I have been hiding you from them. Keep it that way."

I gave her a nod. She smiled at me and said "All the best." I gave her a smile and waved her goodbye. She vanished.

I laid down on my bunker. And started to think about the quest.

I now know why Chiron wants me and Luna to go on the quest. A person who cannot do magic will stand out in a school for witches and wizards. It will look suspicious. This quest requires us to be not just a demigod but also a wizard. And right now Luna and I are the only option.

Now the question is..... Why does Chiron want me to go to Hogwarts?