Chapter 4 - The prophecy

POV - Percy

My mom is a witch. It's official. She told me about her past. Now I am waiting for Chiron.

He told me I am going to Hogwarts on a quest. He never told me what the quest is. So... I am here along with Luna to ask him about the quest.

Luna is in a good mood today. She got claimed yesterday. Now that explains a lot. Why she is so dreamy. Her mother is Aphrodite. She is literally the child of the love goddess. Of course she is dreamy.

Now back to business. What was that.... Yeah the quest. I should wait for Chiron to tell me.

"Talked to your mom Percy?"

It was Chiron. He came in his wheel chair and stopped in front of me.

"Yes" I said.

"Good. And Luna-"

He turned towards Luna.

"-keep the demigod thing a secret. Don't tell anyone not even to your closest friend. And don't tell anyone in camp about the witch part."

"Yes sir." She said in a polite voice.

"Now. I want to tell you guys what your quest is."

Finally. The part I was waiting for.

"There is a prophecy."

Ohoh

This can't be good.

The last time a prophecy came into picture Zeus's lightning bolt was stolen, I had to go to the underworld because Hades kidnapped my mom and also I thought he stole the lightning bolt. But turns out Ares acted like he was helping us when had it all along. And we still don't know who stole it.

But one line of the prophecy still confuses me. You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend. Ares pretended to be a friend But something doesn't feel right about it.

Also the great prophecy that Chiron is so scared of. I don't know what that prophecy is. But I have a feeling that it might involve me. At least Chiron thinks it does.

"The Oracles make a prophecy for Mortal only if it is absolutely crucial. The Wizarding world has a different belief about prophecies. They think prophecies rarely come true. That's because many witches and wizards faked their seer abilities and prophecies. But this prophecy is told by an Oracle so it can't be prevented. We have to make sure it does not end in Voldemort's favour. Percy you know who Voldemort is?"

I gave him a nod. So I have go against the guy my mom ran away from. Great.

Told you. Prophecy means danger.

Now we have to go against the most evil, dangerous and powerful wizard. The same guy from whom my mom was keeping me safe from.

"So we have to defeat him... Or kill him."

I hesitated while saying the killing part because no matter how dangerous he is... He is still a mortal and demigods don't hurt mortals unless it's absolutely necessary.

"Percy. Voldemort is a dangerous guy. He went so deep into dark magic and tried to become immortal. Twelve years ago he tried to kill a baby with the killing curse but he couldn't. The curse rebounded on him."

He tried to kill a baby. Damn he is cruel. Wait did he say killing curse.

"Wait does that mean he is dead."

"Not really." It was Luna who spoke this time.

"When He-who-must-not-be-named was hit he didn't die there are so many rumours that he still exists. But too weak. As Chiron said he used some really dark magic to make himself immortal. So there is a high chance he might rise again." said Luna.