Chapter 3 - The knight bus

Pov - Harry

I am pissed as hell. How dare she call my father drunk. She deserves it. Blowing up like a balloon. I am currently sitting in the street with my trunk.

I know it's reckless. Running away like this. Especially with a killer on loose.

I was thinking about a way to go to the leaky cauldron. Maybe I could take a train to London.

I was thinking about how to get to London, when suddenly I heard bushes ruffling. I looked at the bushes. A black dog-like thing was there in the bush. But it was too big to be a dog.

I already used magic outside school. If I am getting expelled some more magic won't hurt. So I took my wand out and muttered "lumos". A light appeared at the end of my wand.

I saw a hulking outline and two big eyes inside the bushes. I stepped backwards. My leg hit my trunk making me trip.

I fell down. My wand flew off my hand. I landed in the gutter. Ewwww! Suddenly there was a.....

BANG!

There was blind light all over. I closed my eyes and rolled back the pavement to save myself. I opened my eyes to see a gigantic pairs of wheels. It was a bus and the windshield spelled knight bus in golden letters.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this eve-"

He stopped abruptly and started giving me a look.

"What were you doin' down there?"

"Fell over." I said in a small voice.

"'Choo fall over for?"

"I didn't do it on purpose."I said annoyed. Seriously who falls on purpose. I fell because.... Wait a minute.

I turned to look if the dog thing. It was not there.

"'Choo lookin' at?"

"There was a big black thing," I said, pointing uncertainly into the gap. "Like a dog... but massive..." The dog thing was not there anymore... Strange.

I looked at Stan. His mouth fell open. He was looking at my.... Oh shit. My scar. I immediately covered it. The last thing I want is the ministry to find me.

"Woss that on your 'ead?"

"Nothing."

"Woss your name?"

"Neville Longbottom" That was the first name I could think of.

"So - so this bus," I went on quickly, hoping to distract Stan, "did you say it goes anywhere?"

"Yep," said Stan proudly, "anywhere you like, 'long it's on land. Can't do nuffink underwater.

"Ere," he said, looking suspicious again, "you did flag us down, dincha? Stuck out your wand 'and, dincha?"

"Yes," I said quickly.

"Listen, how much would it be to get to London?"

"Eleven Sickles," said Stan, "but for firteen you get 'ot chocolate, and for fifteen you get an 'otwater bottle an' a toofbrush in the color of your choice."

I gave him some gold. We both kept our trunk and Hedwig's cage inside. He introduced me to the driver Ernie Prang.

BLACK STILL AT LARGE