Part 2 - The Witch

I stepped outside holding a basket filled with new seeds to plant and potions for sick and damaged trees. I opened the gate and saw something odd on the grass. It was an item wrapped in a pretty pink cloth sitting on the ground by itself.

I looked around, and I felt a glimmer of hope when I expected to see a familiar head of dark hair. However, it died just as quickly as it came when I didn't see anyone.

I bent down and unwrapped the silk cloth. A note was attached inside of it, sitting on top of a white box. My heart skipped a beat as the name Cherry was written in delicate handwriting on the envelope. I grabbed the gift and walked back inside the house setting it on the coffee table and proceeded to open the letter.

I smiled after reading the note and quickly opened the lid of the box

I smiled after reading the note and quickly opened the lid of the box. Sitting inside was a gorgeous jasmine flower frozen in an ice sphere. The ball of ice reflected the light streaming into the cottage as I stared at it in awe.

"Wow." My eyes widen as I study the object in my hand. I've never seen anything like this before. It's cold to the touch, but it's not melting in my hands like ice would.

How did he do this? Did he have a warlock do this for him, or does he have something special within him?

My heart flutters as I imagine Zayne creating this gift for me. He thought of me even when he went back home. But why would he when he doesn't even know me? Would he run away if he knew I'm the witch parents tell children to stay away from?

I sighed as reality came crashing down. The gift is beautiful. I'll thank Zayne properly when I see him again in two days. I placed the jasmine flower ice sphere on the coffee table and grabbed the basket to go back outside to finish my duties.

Two days came by fast as I rushed to get ready to meet Zayne by the gates. I decided to wear a white dress with ruffles and put my hair up decorating the ponytail with a white bow.

As I sat restlessly in the kitchen, I heard a soft chime coming from outside. I walk out the door and see Zayne standing by the gate holding something in his hand.

"I hope you don't mind, but I brought this wind chime to put on your gate. Hopefully, it can help me signal when I'm here. Is that okay?" Zayne asked as he held up the wind chime to show me. It was simple but adorned with flowers and a faux butterfly at the top. I nodded.

"Sure. You can hang it here." I pointed to a higher point on the gate with an opening big enough for the wind chime. Zayne tied it onto the bar and stepped back to admire his work.

"Will you show me around your land?" Zayne asked.

"Of course." I smiled at him shyly. With my heart racing, I opened the gate and walked out standing next to Zayne.

I led him toward the trail I had taken a million times before. However, Zayne's eyes made it feel like he entered into a new world. The trees were lined up in two rows creating a tunnel of nature as we walked underneath it.