Chapter 2: the suspicions

a few days later, Jim noticed you were acting different. he would try talking to you, but you wouldn't say much or you wouldn't say anything at all. that worried him a little. this went on for a few days. one day, Jim decided to investigate. it was a little after dark and he saw you walking to the museum. he was confused.

"why are they going into the museum at this time? it's closed. that's trespassing!" he follows you inside and hides in another room. he then heard a familiar voice.

"so... did you get any information out of the boy?" it was Ms. Nomura. Jim was still confused. as he slowly stepped out of the room to look in the other, he saw a tall pink troll with green eyes. Jim's eyes widen.

"Is that... Ms. Nomura? wait... if Ms. Nomura is a changeling... then that must mean..." as soon as he put two and two together, his heart sank into his stomach. but, he still had his doubts. he then spoke an incantation:

"For the glory of Merlin, daylight Is mine to command!" he spoke it quietly, so he isn't heard, but there was a blue flash. both you and Ms. Nomura saw it. as Jim snuck into the room you and Ms. Nomura were in, he saw you in your troll form.

"Y-Y/n...?" Jim said. his eyes widened in shock and somewhat betrayal. you stood before him, a tall, dark red figure.

"Jim... I'm sorry you had to find out like this..." you said, standing there.

"Well don't just stand there! get him!" Ms. Nomura demanded. you sigh.

"I'm sorry..." you said. you then start charging at him. he immediately pulls out the sword of daylight and blocks your attack. he was still absolutely devastated about this secret you kept from him.

"Y/n! why did you hide this from me?" Jim asked, still trying to figure out why you'd lie about something like this.

"Look, i'm sorry! I couldn't have anyone find out about this! because if someone would find out, they would be a blabbermouth, then people would be after me! I don't want that to happen!" you shout. Jim continues to block your attacks. eventually, he kicks you to the ground. 

"WHY WOULD YOU HIDE THIS FROM ME?! YOU KNOW I WOULD NEVER TELL YOUR SECRETS TO ANYBODY! SO JUST SHUT UP WITH THAT BULLSHIT!" Jim shouts. you immediately went silent and stopped attacking. you looked mad.

"Let's go. we are going to have a long talk." Ms. Nomura said, walking away. you follow behind, not looking back. Jim immediately regretted yelling at you. he knew that probably ruined the friendship between the two of you.

~End of chapter 2~