Chapter 4: Training

as you were training, Jim watched from afar, gazing at you. he started to grow feelings for you. then he thought it was time he'd start helping with the training. he saw that your skills had increased by a lot. he felt proud. but he noticed you were still going too easy on him and the others.

"Hey, Y/n,  can I talk to you for a second?" Jim said.

"Yeah, sure." you reply. you follow him to a corner of the hero's forge.

"What's wrong?" you ask him.

"I know, that you're my friend, but you gotta stop holding back your attacks. if you ever do get into a fight, what do you think is going to happen?" Jim explains. you sigh, like you wanted to tell him something, but you didn't want to say it.

"I'm sorry. i'll try not to hold back anymore." you say. he nods and the two of you get back to training. you stick on your word and you try not to hold back your attacks. Jim noticed this and was proud. an hour later, everyone finished training and went home. but before you left, Jim grabbed your wrist and asked you:

"Hey, Y/n, I was wondering. would you want to go on a date with me next week?" he sounded a bit nervous, worried you'd reject him.

"Sure. i'd love to." you say, smiling. his face lit up.

"Really? that's great! does the movies sound good?" he asked. he looked really happy.

"sounds great!" you say smiling. Jim was really happy at this point.

"Amazing! i'll see you then!" Jim says, running to get home. you caught yourself gazing at him. you realized you were catching feelings for him. when you got home, the date was all that was on your mind. but the problem was, how were you gonna get past your mom. you thought to yourself and came up with an idea. you'd lie saying that you're going to a friends house. it was perfect! back at Jim's house, he was growing impatient because he was too excited. he was so excited he could barely sleep. the next day at school, it was all you could think about. at that, it was pretty difficult to concentrate. and each day before the date, the impatience and excitement grew stronger and stronger. then, the night before the day of the date, Jim invited you for a late night walk in the park. you gladly accepted. as you two walked through the park, it was very quiet and very peaceful. it was calming. Jim then turned to you.

"So, how'd your mom take it when you told her you're going on a date with me?" Jim asked.

"Oh, about that. I didn't really tell her.." you say quietly but he was still able to hear you.

"What? then how will you be able to go?" Jim asked. he was worried, thinking you wouldn't be able to go.

"Oh, don't worry about that! i'll just lie. I'll tell her I'm going to a friend's house. she won't know a thing." you explain. he didn't like the fact you're lying, but he dealt with it.

~Timeskip~

It was the day of the date. you and Jim were so excited, you could barely concentrate. then, after school, you waited impatiently in your room 'til the clock struck 8:00 P.M. when it was 8:00, you rushed downstairs.

"Bye, mom! I'm off to a friend's house!" you said happily.

"Bye. Don't be out too late!" she called out. the plan worked! she didn't suspect a thing. when you stepped out, you saw Jim waiting for you.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked. you took a deep breath.

"Yeah. let's go." you say. Jim holds his hand out for you to hold. you took his hand and started walking to the movies, since it wasn't too far.

~End of chapter 4~