Chapter 6: Blocking out the problems

The next day when you got to school, Jim was so excited to see you. he ran to you and gave you a big hug. but, he could sense something was wrong.

"Hey, Y/n. Are you okay?" he asked. he looked worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a rough morning." you reply, looking worn out.

"What happened?" Jim asked. he wanted to make sure you were better as soon as possible.

"My mom and I just got into a fight again. over what? who knows." you sigh. Jim looked a bit mad.

"that's it. I'm going to have a word with your mom." Jim said. he sounded determined.

"Oh, no no no! you can't do that! she'll tear you in half!" you say, trying to keep him out of trouble.

"What am I supposed to do then? I can't just let this happen to you without doing anything!" Jim said, his worries grow more and more.

"I'll just avoid her! maybe, she'll learn her lesson!" You say. Jim sighs, letting you do what you can. after school, when you went home, your mom was close to scolding you about your chores, but you just walked past her, not listening. that made her even more mad.

"Oh you want to ignore me now?! So be it!" she shouts. this went on for a few weeks. but instead of her getting ten times more mad, she started becoming distant. this worried you a bit, but ignoring her was the only way to avoid a fight or an argument. days later,  when you got to school, Jim saw nothing was right at all.

"Alright. something happened. what is it? he asked. he was even more worried than before.

"It's my mom. she's being very distant now. I'm getting worried." you say. Jim starts to think. he then gets an idea. but he knew you weren't going to like it because you already said it was a bad idea.

"I have an idea, but you're not gonna like it." he says.

"What is it?" you ask.

"Well, I was thinking, you should let me talk to your mom." he suggests. your eyes widen.

"I already told you, it's a bad idea!" you say, trying to convince him to change his mind, but nothing was working.

"Please, just let me try." he said. you sigh, finally giving in.

"Fine. i'll let you talk to her. but be VERY careful with your words. I don't want her to explode like a volcano and try something she'll regret." you say. his face lit up as you say this. he runs over and hugs you.

"Thank you! I promise, i'll get her to be her normal self again!" Jim said. there was a strong confidence In his voice. a few hours later, school ended. you and Jim started walking back to your house. when you and Jim entered, you repeated:

"Remember, be careful with your words." you say a bit cautiously. Jim nods.

"I got this. don't worry. after I talk to her, your mom will be willing to talk to you again!" Jim said proudly, but quietly. he then slowly approached your mom.

~End of chapter 6~