Chapter 3: making things right

The next day, you didn't come to school. this wasn't like you. Jim knew even though you didn't like school, you still went. he decided to look for you after school. he looked everywhere in Arcadia and there was no sight of you. that was until he saw you at the park. his face immediately lit up with joy.

"Y/n! there you are! why weren't you in school today?" he asked, still relieved that he found you.

"Jim? I wasn't in school because my mom forbade me from seeing you after what happened last night. she said I was 'too soft' on you." you say, about to leave, but he grabbed your wrist.

"Look, I get it. you couldn't hurt your friend. but that doesn't mean you can be stopped from doing things you need to!" Jim says, trying to lift your spirits. that wasn't working.

"well, if my mom catches me with you, you're dead. I don't want to risk that." you say, pulling your wrist away from his grasp. Jim tries to think of a solution. then, an idea hit him.

"Why don't I try to take you to trollmarket so I can train you how to fight better." Jim suggests.

"No, No! I can't do that. if the trolls there find out i'm a changeling, what do you think they'll do to me?" you say.

"I'll explain to them that you have no bad intentions. so, let's go, shall we?" he offers his hand to you. you hesitate at first, but you take his hand and start heading to trollmarket. as soon as he opened the door, the crystal stairs appeared.

"Watch your step now." Jim says, going down the stairs to trollmarket. as soon as you got to the bottom and arrived, you witnessed the beauty of trollmarket for the first time. 

"Wow...this place is absolutely beautiful..." you say in awe, admiring the scenery.

"It is, isn't it? now, let's go to the hero's forge." Jim says, and starts walking. you follow him to a huge room where you find jim's other four friends.

"Y/n, allow me to introduce you to my other friends. claire, toby, blinky, and AARGGGHH!" Jim says.

"It's nice to meet you guys..." you say awkwardly.

"Now, I know they're a changeling, but they have no bad intentions" Jim explained. you were ready for the comments about the fact you're a changeling, but instead, you got warm welcomes. claire spoke up.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one with unique powers! I'm a witch, actually. I'm able to create shadow portals." claire explained. your face lit up.

"really? that's awesome!" you say smiling.

"I have powers too! Well,  it's not necessarily a power, but I have this super cool Warhammer!" toby says with excitement.

"That is a cool warhammer." you say. you then see this big blue troll.

"and this is drall, my other frien." Jim says smiling.

"Apleasure to meet you, Y/n." drall says.

"well, let's not waste anymore time. let's start training!" Jim says.

~End of chapter 3~