14. Planning

Graveyard - Halsey

- Time skip brought to you by Annabeth falling for Percy (I'm hilarious) -

"-and then the hunters showed up, I explained to a child what a virgin was, Thorn jumped off a cliff, the helicopter turned into a bunch of birds, I became a lawyer, and they let me go," I finished explaining, catching my breath. Luke just sat there for a moment, shocked.

"So..." he began. "We don't have the two demigod siblings?"

"Correct."

"We lost a helicopter?"

"Yep."

"And the hunters are against us?"

"Right."

Luke sighed, running a hand through his hair. "You," he said. "Are very lucky that Thorn managed to survive, and brought us Annabeth as bait."

"Wait what," I said, eyebrows raised in questioning. "Then where's Annabeth?" I asked. "She's not on the ship, right?"

"No," he said. "She's holding up the sky, back in San Francisco. At least, until we make Artemis do it." I nodded in understanding. The temperature in the room suddenly dropped, but I ignored it.

"I see," I said. "So that's who we're using to free Atlas... finally, the plan isn't half baked anymore." I grabbed a butterscotch candy from the bowl on his desk.

"Krys," he said as I unwrapped the candy. "That's like your seventh candy, and that's just in this meeting. At this point, just take the whole bowl." I smiled, grabbing the bowl as the temperature in the room rose, then leveled out back at room temperature. Weird... oh well.

"Gladly," I said, hugging the bowl. "Did you really think that when I said you needed candy for your office, that I didn't basically mean 'Luke can I have candy'? Come on Luke, you know better than that. These are my favourite, of course they're gonna be my candies as soon as I see them." He sighed again.

"You give me so many grey hairs..." he said, slumping on the desk. He waved a hand towards the door. "Get out," he said tiredly.

"Ok old man," I said, walking out the door. "I'm taking my candies with me, you've fallen for my master plan. Mwahahaha I have all the candy." I shut the door behind me, laughing quietly as I made my way to my room.

- Time skip brought to you by Luke's Krys' Candy -

That night I had a really weird dream.

Five shall go west to the goddess in chains

One shall be lost in the land without rain

The bane of Olympus shows the trail

Campers and hunters combined prevail

The mission fire and war will take

A friendship bound to strengthen or break

The Titan's curse must one withstand

And one shall perish by a parent's hand

Well that was weird as shit... wonder what it means.

- Time skip brought to you be Krys ignoring cryptic dream warnings -

"So if we go all the way down the east coast, we can probably avoid the Gulf of Mexico altogether if we go between Cuba and Haiti," I suggested, looking down at the large map on the meeting table.