23. Invasion

Down with the Wolves - The Score

- Time skip brought to you by thank god for roman military training-

We had basically just run more than halfway across the country, and even I was tired.

But not as tired as the rest of the campers as we arrived in Times Square, New York City. The noise of the traffic on the sidewalks and the road filled my ears, and the bright daylight washed over my skin, rejuvenating me. Percy led the way into an alley, where he whistled loudly six times.

"Di Immortales, Percy," I exclaimed. "Did you have to do it right in my ear?." He didn't comment, but soon enough, a flock of six pegasi descended from the sky, one black and the other five white colored. "Blackjack!" I said as they landed.

I'd recognize Luke's old pegasus anywhere. To be honest, I was kind of happy when Percy had taken off with it last summer. Luke had kept it below-decks, in a stable, which wasn't good for pegasi.

The Pegasus avoided me, nervously standing next to Percy. The two exchanged a look as if to reassure the pegasus that I was safe to be around. I just mounted one of the white pegasi, strapping myself into the saddle.

Annabeth was busy with her saddle, and Percy and Rachel were having a hushed conversation out of earshot. Nico was trying to mount his pegasi, but it kept shying away from him, it was probably the whole Son of Hades thing.

"Go without me!" Nico said, getting frustrated with his pegasus. "I don't want to go back to that camp anyway."

"Nico," Percy said. "We need your help." The boy just folded his arms and scowled. I steered my pegasus towards him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"C'mon, Nico," I said to the emo child. "Please, it'd be great to have you there for... whatever happens when I get there." His expression softened slowly, before he nodded.

"All right," he agreed hesitantly. "For you. But I'm not staying." I saw Percy raise an eyebrow at me, and I just shrugged, I didn't know why he suddenly listened to me.

Once everyone was on a pegasus, we shot towards the sky. Soon enough, we were flying over the East River, with Long Island dead ahead.

- Time skip brought to you by suspenseeeee hehehehe -

We landed in the middle of the cabin area, where we were met by Chiron, the old satyr Silenus, and a couple of my old siblings from the Apollo cabin, holding bows pointed at me.

I held my hands up in surrender, and Chiron gestured for them to lower their bows. I dismounted my pegasus. Chiron and Silenus immediately started talking to the others, and Chiron told the Apollo campers to take me to the command tent.

"She knows many things that we don't," the centaur told the archers. "And I suspect she will be more than happy to share."

Micheal Yew and Lee Fletcher walked on either side of me, gripping their bows tightly. "So," Lee started. "What brings you back here?"

"My father tried to kill me," I said, truthfully. Lee's eyes widened in shock, before narrowing in confusion.

"Apollo?" he asked. "Why would he do that?" I shook my head.

"Not Apollo," I said, Mike raised an eyebrow at that. "Hyperion," I clarified.

"Whoa whoa whoa," Mike said. "You father is WHO NOW?" He stopped walking, processing what I'd just told him.

"Chill, Mike," I said. "It's not like I'm gonna betray you again now or anything. If anything, I'm mad at the Titans now instead of the gods." Lee sighed.