Chapter 10: A Harsh Reminder

"All right, today we're heading into the forest! Yeh all better follow me unless yeh wanna be attacked by something!" Hagrid called. It was Care For Magical Creatures with the Ravenclaws, and Reyna was nervous. Not about the Ravenclaws, but about being in the forest. Something nagged at the back of her mind. Someone had said something to her...something about staying away from the wilderness. But she couldn't remember what it was.

The moment Reyna stepped into the forest, she felt a wave of pain shoot through her body. She held on to a nearby tree to keep herself from collapsing. 

"Reyna? Are you ok?" Luna Lovegood asked, concerned. Reyna didn't answer. Her surroundings became blurry, and she felt dizzy and faint from the pain. 

"Every time you venture out into the wilderness, know this. You will feel my wrath." Artemis' words suddenly rang in her ears. 

The feeling of not being supported by her feet took over her, and she found herself on the forest ground, looking up at the sky. The last thing Reyna saw was people crowding around her, before the world went dark. 

  ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Guys, I don't think she's going to wake up. It's been two days already."

"Shut up, you redhead! She'll wake up. She has too."

"Why don't you get out of here, weasel? You're not wanted."

Reyna heard voices around her as she began to gain consciousness. She slowly opened her eyes, taking in her surroundings. She was laying on a bed in the hospital wing. Asher, Draco, Hermione, Ginny, Harry, and Ron were sitting beside her. Suddenly, the door banged open and Daphne and Pansy burst in, followed by Theodore and Blaise. 

"Is she awake? Reyna!" Pansy said, running over. Madame Pomfrey frowned.

"Only eight visitors at a time!" She said. Ron got up and left immediately. A hesitant Harry walked after him. He waited for Ginny to follow him. (I know it's supposed to be six, but imma just make it eight.)

"What? You want me to leave with you? No." Ginny huffed, turning her back to Harry. Harry left looking like a sad puppy. 

"Wh-what happened?" Reyna asked. She didn't remember much.

"You sort of just collapsed in the forest." Asher said, lacing their fingers together. She looked at him, but he didn't let go. 

"Um...I think we're gonna go now. Let's go guys." Daphne said, noticing the moment between Asher and Reyna. Everyone filed out, leaving them alone.

As soon as the door closed, Asher kissed Reyna softly on the lips.

"I was so worried." Asher said when they pulled away.

"It takes more than that for the universe to get rid of me, Grain Brain." Reyna replied.

"Does this mean our break is over?" Asher asked, his eyes sparkling at the nickname. Reyna pulled him into another kiss.

"Now do you have an answer?" She asked. He grinned.

It had been worth it to leave the Hunters for Asher. So worth it.