Chapter 11: Attack On The Castle

A few days after she was released from the hospital wing, the weather turned snowy. A blanket of white covered the school grounds, and the feeling of Christmas came near. Reyna and Asher decided to go on a date in Hogsmeade. They were currently sitting in the Three Broomsticks, drinking warm cups of hot chocolate, their faces flushed from the cold.

"So, I was thinking-" Asher was cut off by the sound of an explosion. It came from the castle. Reyna exchanged a fearful look with Asher and gripped her wand tightly in her hand. Outside, people crowded the street, craning their heads to see what had happened. A chunk of Ravenclaw Tower was missing. 

"We need to go help them!" Reyna said, running in the direction of the castle. Asher pulled her back.

"We need to stay safe!" He protested. Reyna shook his arm off and ran. When she finally got there, people were screaming and evacuating. The explosion had caused a fire in the castle. 

"Reyna, you have to leave now! That's fiendfyre! It's almost impossible to douse, and it'll consume the castle!" Harry yelled, appearing behind her. Ginny was holding his hand, her expression unafraid, but Reyna could catch a glimpse of fear and anger. She understood what Ginny was feeling; Ginny was scared of losing Harry again, scared that her second home would be burned down, and angry because they had to deal with this after everything that had happened to her and Harry.

Out of the corner of her eye, Reyna saw a figure clad in a black cloak, running off in the other direction. In their hand was a wand, a wisp of smoke drifting from it. They must've been the one to cast the fire.

"Reyna, come back! No!" Ginny shouted, as Reyna began to chase after the figure. Reyna paid her no attention. All she was focused on was getting to this person. She would make them pay. 

The mysterious person turned their head, saw Reyna, and dashed off. Reyna only saw a mop of sleek, dark hair, not unlike her own.

"Stupefy!" Reyna yelled. The person ducked and threw a dagger at her. It very narrowly missed. Reyna picked up the dagger, stunned. It was an Imperial Gold dagger. That meant whoever the culprit was, it was a demigod, most likely from Camp Jupiter. 

Reyna shoved her wand inside her pocket and took out her javelin that she had enchanted to shrink. She now expanded it and pursued after the demigod. Reyna knew having a wand had given her an advantage over the demigod, but Reyna was going to end this person in the good, old-fashioned, Roman way. 

She aimed the spear and held her breath as it soared through the air. It ended up piercing the arm of the demigod, causing them to cry out in pain. Reyna took advantage of the situation and yanked up their hood. 

She stumbled back in shock. No, not her. It can't be her. She's not a witch...how did she do this? Why would she do this? Thoughts raced through her head as she took another step back.

"Hello, sister." Hylla spoke.