♡ 1 ♡

July 3rd

"Valeria!" My dad yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes, daddy?" I yelled back from my room.

"I need you to come down here!" He said after me.

"Alright!" I got up from my vanity and jogged down the stairs.

"I found this in your room. You have about, I'd say, 5 seconds to explain to me why my daughter has a tiny bag of pills in her room?" He asked me, holding up the bag.

"I- those aren't mine. I'm holding them for a friend." I lied, looking at my dad.

"Valeria, if I find you're lying, you will be grounded until school starts. You've been sneaking out at all hours and coming back at 2PM." He told me, sternly.

"I'm not lying, I swear! And, how come you never say anything about Archie sneaking out?" I yelled, placing my hands on the counter.

"This isn't about Archie, Val! It's about you, I don't find drugs in his room, I found it in your room." He told me, throwing the pills in the trash can.

"Fine, whatever." I walked out the kitchen, and walked up the stairs to my room.

I hated lying to my dad, but I didn't want him admitting me to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy or calling mom. She'd absolutely put me in therapy or want to stay in Riverdale and as much as I love my mom, she left us. I know it was a mutual thing between her and my dad, but it wasn't discussed that much with Archie and I.

I went through my drawers to see if I had extra stash of the pills I had been taking. They were Xans and I started using them when Jason broke up with me after I had a meltdown because I found out he was cheating on me with Polly Cooper, and got her pregnant. A knock on my door caused me to stop rumaging through my drawers.

"Come in!" I shouted, quickly sitting down on my bed as if I weren't just acting like a pyscho addict. 

"So you decide to throw me under the bus to down because he's on your ass?" Archie asked, closing my door behind him.

"Oh shut up, he already knew." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. Well, do you want anything from Pops? I'm going to meet Jughead, we're planning a road trip." He asked before telling me his plans with Jughead.

"I'll come with." I told him before pushing him out my room.

"Okay, don't take forever to get ready!" He told me before I closed the door in his face.

| Valeria's Outfit |

I put on a tight black tee, short jean shorts and my healed black boots

I put on a tight black tee, short jean shorts and my healed black boots. I loved the grunge style, but Dad wasn't a big fan because I always wore short things but it was what I liked wearing. When I was finished, I grabbed my little purse and walked downstairs. Archie was waiting at the door and he looked at me and shook his head.

"And you wonder why you get cat called outside." Archie shook his head and I rolled my eyes.

We walked outside and to the truck, I got into the cab of the truck and Archie drove to Pops. We walked into the Diner and sat in our regular booth. 

"You brought Val along. Did you tell her about the trip?" Jughead asked him and I sighed.

"You're acting as if I'm not right here. And, yes I know." I told him, before Pop handed me my usual drink, which is a Root Beer Float.

"Sorry." Jughead muttered.

"You should actually tag along. I mean, it could be fun?"

"I'll think about it." I nodded after sipping my drink.

"So, Jug. I was thinking for the tent, we could use the one my dad has in the garage." Archie told Jughead just before my phone went off.

|| Jason ||

Jason - Can we meet up rn?

Me - Yeah, where @ ?

Jason - Your house. I'll swing by in 15. 

Me - Okay.

I put down my phone and looked at the two boys who were very deep into their conversation. Tapping Archie, I put down $2.50 for my drink and got up from the booth.

"Where are you going?" Archie asked, looking at me.

"Home, someone is going to swing by." I told him.

"You better not being lying to me, Val. I swear Dad will kill me if you do something." Archie warned me.

"Relax, I am going home. Bye, Jugrat!" I waved, leaving the Diner and starting my walk home. 

By the time I got there, Jason was sitting on the chair on the porch. I walked up the stairs and stood across from him, leaning on the pillar.

"What do you want, Jason?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"I'm here to tell you, I'm leaving. Polly and I, and we may never come back." Jason told me and I started laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

"You. It's a joke! Two seventeen year olds running away with a unborn child, what century is this?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"At least we're not fifteen, using drugs and out making out with random people." He shot back.

"Whatever, Jason. You settled for that and now you're a teen father that'll never finish high school." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You know, I thought you'd at least be supportive. Seems your brain is too scrambled with pills." He said before getting in his nice, cherry red car and driving off.

Little did she know that, that would be the last conversation she had with the Blossom boy and the last time she'd see him, ever.