♡ 3 ♡

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

It was now the night before the first day of school, tommorrow is my first day of sophmore year and it has been a month since the death of Jason Blossom. My first love, drowned in Sweetwater River, never to be seen again. They never recovered a body, so the Blossoms burried an empty casket a week after. Archie was at Pops catching up with Betty and I was in my room on the phone with Jughead whilst going through my closet.

"I can't find anything!" I exclaimed, running my fingers through my messy hair.

"Relax, you'll find something. Are you sure you're okay to go back to school?" Jughead asked me.

"I'm sure. I'm sad but I'm not depressed, it's also just going to be weird not seeing Jason in the halls, you know?" I sighed, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah, I know. You'll be okay." He reassured me.

"If you say so, Jugrat." I said, shrugging causing him to laugh.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Val." He said before hanging up.

I sighed, getting up from my bed and walked back over to the closet, going through it again. Once I found an outfit, I went downstairs to my father, whom was in the kitchen. I walked inside the kitchen and watched him put rice and chicken on a plate.

"VAL- oh you're down here alright." My dad was about to yell before he realized I was right in front of him. 

"Yeah. This looks amazing, daddy." I complimented the food and took my plate, eating.

"Have you called your mom?" He asked me and I side eyed him.

"No, I have nothing to talk to her about. She left and she chose to leave, she could've gotten an apartment in Riverdale. Mom didn't have to go all the way to Chicago." I scoffed, continuing to eat my meal.

"Now, Val that's not fair. You know with the job your mom has it pays well in Chicago." He defended her, which made me roll my eyes.

"Here you go, protecting mom's 'great' decisions! She had the same job here, and she was fine. You know what's not fair? Her leaving her kids." I spat, before storming upstairs to my room and slamming my door.

I wouldn't say I had the worst mom for her leaving us, but she could've stayed in Riverdale. It felt like everyone's mom was gone, except for Betty's. Me and Betty are best friends, we practically grew up together, along with Jughead. But, we were always close to Betty because we live next door to the Coopers. Speaking of Betty, she has had the biggest crush on Archie since the second grade, but she never told him, on the other hand thats what she was supposed to be doing tonight. 

After about an hour minutes of watching TV, I checked the time and it was 10:30PM. Getting up from my bed, I walked into the bathroom and did my skincare routine and when I was done I brushed my teeth and went back to my room. Turning off my lights, I plopped down on the bed, getting under the covers. I decided to text Jughead since I kind of missed him.