Chapter 1: MEET BY CHANCE

Danica's POV

Ding!

My laptop made a notification, which I heard. I opened the Bubble website earlier since I was idle and bored. Chatting and video calling random people at this godly hour, when everyone might be sleeping. I would love to bother my friends, but maybe they are preoccupied with their own lives, and I'd rather not disturb them. On this chat box, I noticed that a total stranger from somewhere on earth had matched with me, so I decided to entertain them.

Stranger: Hi! M or F? 🤔
Me: F. You?
Stranger: M
Me: Where are you from?
Stranger: Canada. You?
Me: Philippines.
Stranger: Nice! I'm actually Filipino too but I was born and raised here in Canada.
Me: That's cool. What's your name?
Stranger: Ken. You?
Me: Danica but I go by Danny.

I'll admit that at first I wasn't interested, but Ken and I had a wonderful conversation for a short while before he had to leave Bubble to do something important. We talked about interesting things and life in general.

Ken: Danny, can I ask for your Insta? We can at least continue talking there even after we exit this website. I like talking to you. 🤭

Me: Sure. Follow me on @dannyrys ☺️

Ken: Done. I followed you. I have to go now. Thanks for the time. Bye.👋🏻

Me: Bye.👋🏻

It's really enjoyable to discuss strange topics with Ken. He at least prevented me from being bored for a short while. When I checked the notification on my phone right away, it was there. A follow was requested by @notfelix. I immediately accepted and followed him back. I spent some time stalking his Insta, and I appreciate what I found. This Ken or Felix guy is quite attractive and gorgeous. His photographs are extremely distinctive, and it's obvious that he understands fashion. I chose to DM him to let him know that he may contact me whenever he is free.

Me: Hey Ken. It's Danny. You can chat with me here anytime. Thanks for the time earlier.☺️

It's currently 2:00 am and so I turned off my devices and I went to bed.

I was up so late the following morning. I don't have any work today, so it's okay. Since it's the weekend, I want to accomplish something enjoyable and worthwhile. When I wake up, the first thing I do is check my phone. I checked Instagram right away to find Ken's response to my message.

Ken: Thank you, Danny. You can message me here as well. I'm glad I found someone I can vibe with even though you're a thousand miles away. 😄 I'm looking forward to meeting you soon. Maybe my family will go home to the Philippines this Christmas.

Me: Hey Ken. Sorry, I just woke up. Really? 😳 You're coming home to the Philippines? That's awesome! Maybe we can meet each other someday. That will be cool.

Christmas will come in six months. Since we are in different time zones, I didn't anticipate a response because of this. He's likely asleep, but I'm awake. I was shocked to receive a notification from my phone as soon as I sent him a message.

Ken: Yeah. I will be home, and I will make sure we meet. 🤗 By the way, I'm sorry I didn't ask which part of the Philippines you are from. I'm from Zamboanga.

Me: Oh, I'm from Iloilo. We can meet anywhere in the Philippines if you want. We can go to Boracay 🌊 to enjoy the summer weather during Christmas time.

Ken: Haha! Sure. That would be fun. I'm sorry I had to end our conversation abruptly. I need to sleep now. Bye bye.

Me: Sure. No problem. Goodbye. Sleep well.

Ken: ❤️😴

I didn't reply to him anymore. I decided to rise from my bed and go to the kitchen to eat breakfast and start my day.

---To Be Continued---

A/N:

"Ang aking mundo ay payapa
Sa 'di malamang dahilan
At noon ay buo kong inakala
Lahat ay ayos na naman."

Liham by SB19