CHAPTER 5: PURE BLISS

I woke up because I was having trouble breathing due to a strong weight. When I opened my eyes, Ken was encircling me with both his right arm and right leg while still wearing only his pants. Our faces are close to each other, and I can feel his breathing due to the air that touches my skin whenever he exhales. I can’t move without waking him, so I decided to admire him while he’s sleeping.

Ken appears innocent while dozing off. I ran my fingertips over his cheeks and stroked his face. Actually, I have no idea what I am doing, but I just allowed myself to enjoy this time. He kept his eyes closed, but I could see a slight smile on his face, indicating that he had actually been awake the entire time.

“What are you doing?” He asked suddenly in his deep sleepy voice. Out of embarrassment, I quickly withdrew my hand from his cheek, but he grabbed for it and put it back where it had been. He continued to hug me more tightly after that, which brought us further closer and eliminated all of the distance between us.

“Ken, I can’t breathe. The bed is wide enough for both of us.” I complained.

“I don’t care. This is much better.” Now his eyes are open and we stare at each other’s eyes.

Ken brought his face slowly toward mine. I didn't move because I didn't know what to do at the moment. He continues to focus on my lips and then my eyes. He does it so frequently that I eventually follow suit. It seemed like forever, but he finally slowly touched his lips with mine. It began delicately, but soon it was insufficient. We both felt the heat as our kisses grew more intense. He changed positions and is now on top of me without breaking the kiss.

“Ken, please stop.” I said in between kisses. I’m almost out of breath.

“No.” He responded, continuing the kiss.

“Please.” I murmured which made him stop.

Suddenly, Ken realized what he’d been doing. He slowly laid down on his side of the bed.

"I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me."

“What was that? Why did you kiss me?” I asked. He immediately turned his attention to me.

"I was planning to do this at the right time and place.”  He trailed off. I waited for the continuation, but it didn’t come. He seems to be in deep thought.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Since the day we met each other on Bubble, I am comfortable with you. I like talking to you. Then, the day when we first video called came. I saw you and I knew to myself that I liked you.” He continued, “For the past six months, you have been on my mind. You are a part of my daily life. I can't imagine going on with my day without thinking of you. I booked a restaurant for our dinner tonight to formally ask you out but this happened. I thought I will be able to control myself around you but I’m sorry I wasn’t able to.” He ended while giving my eyes a serious look. He appears to be a little embarrassed and has a tinge of anxiety.

I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Ken, I will always say "Yes" if you ask me out, regardless of where we are. I feel the same about you all this time. I believed you to be out of my league, yet here you are, anxious about my upcoming decision."

He gave me a silly smile when he understood what I had just said. He jumped on me right away and kissed me gently and innocently.

“So that’s a yes then? We’re officially dating?” He asked.

I nodded. “It’s definitely a yes.”

---To Be Continued---