CHAPTER 17: Sorrows and Prayers

At Ken's wake, everyone was pleased to finally see me. Everyone came up to me and expressed their sympathies and comforting words. Despite the fact that Ken and I never had the chance to get married, I am regarded as the mourning wife by everyone. Now that everyone knows I'm pregnant, Ken's best friends are waiting behind me to catch me if I ever pass out. Since Ken isn't here, these men are really taking wonderful care of me, which I appreciate a lot.

I made an effort to stay awake at the burial in the evening, and the guys did the same. They always encourage me to go to sleep and remind me to take my vitamins for the baby which I am grateful for. As I stared at Ken's body inside a glass coffin, I rubbed my stomach unconsciously.

"Langga, our baby is growing healthier by the day. I can see a small bump now forming. Next month, I will know the gender of our baby. I hope it's a mini you." Ken is still handsome and he looks like he's just sleeping.

"I wish you were here, Ga. But I know that you're watching over us."

1 week later

We all returned to the mansion to eat lunch with the entire family, including the guys, after Ken's heartbreaking burial. Suddenly, Josh stood up and announced important information to everyone.

Before handing me documents for a deed to a house, the keys, and a car key, he stated, "Danny, Ken left you more gifts." I received it bewildered, then Josh explained everything without my asking.

"Ken has kept this a secret from you, but he bought you a house near the beach. He intended to surprise you with this gift after the wedding, but he didn't get the chance. He entrusted me with this information and told me to give it to you at the right time." he explained.

When I learned this information, I almost started crying, but I happily accepted it. I noticed everyone's beaming lips and sobbing eyes as I turned to face the room.

Even after death, you still look after us, Langga.

---To Be Continued---

A/N:

Only one chapter left. I'm really thankful to those who waited patiently for this chapter. I saw your messages where you asked for Chapter 17 but we became so busy lately that I didn't have the time to update.

Thanks for sticking around. 💜

- Dee