EX3 - A3D: Built Different

"Captain Kuki of the New Squidbeak Splatoon here with another personnel report on Tres, AKA, Neo-Agent 3.

Seeing as the last one had been taken care of by Marie she's made it her mission to badger me about continuing what I started so here I am.

Tsk, stiff...

Whatever.

Ahem, first off I want to preface this by stating what Marie had lacked to mention in the previous report when droning on about personal responsibilities, as she does with lots of things for someone supposedly so organized ("You can't prove anything." - Marie), was that during that time all active and inactive Grizzco employees had been called in by none other than Mr. Grizz himself to deal with the recent Big Run that threatened to overtake the Um'Ami Ruins.

Seeing as the real Mr. Grizz is still floating in perfect orbit around the planet, the NSS had taken it upon ourselves to try and figure out just who exactly had assumed control of the eponymous GrizzCo. after the former CEO was forcibly removed from his position.

Thus, I gave her the opportunity to contribute to the report, something she could've turned down if she wanted to.

Honestly, looking back on it, I should've just asked Callie.

Anywho.

Once the wave upon waves of Salmonids had their advance halted we're still no closer to deducing this enigmatic individual's true identity.

That mystery will have to be put on the backburner for the time being.

Whoever the new Mr. Grizz is, they're working overtime to hide themselves from the world as well as what they're trying to accomplish using the company's vast network of resources.

Now, back to the matter at hand.

We've already discussed small facets of his person; namely, his flashes of sudden anger and almost mercenary standing he shares with the rest of the splatoon.

Today, I want to talk about Tres's strengths for a change.

What makes him special that sets him apart from the rest of us as well as what he brings to the table.

Well, if there's one thing I can say about him it's that for someone who looks like your garden variety Inkling he's essentially a brick wall with feet.

And no, I'm not exaggerating.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: that guy is just built different.

Among our little circle he is capable of enduring some of the worst punishment life can throw at him and keep on trucking.

During our adventures in the Alternan depths I've witnessed Tres live through things that would've splatted Steelheads.

Rollers, Octo-Snipers, Master Mega's vicious bite.

They do tremendous damage but they can't finish the job.

And because they can't finish the job, he can.

Always, he'd come out on top by the skin of his teeth, mostly alive, covered in cuts, bruises and at times even missing a limb or two.

Yet he'd grit his teeth, suck in a breath and keep marching forward, determined to see the job through to the end no matter what with a big dopey grin plastered on his mug.

That prodigious resilience of his from what I can ascertain stems from three important factors; his native Splatlandian physiology, a greater than average rate of cellular regeneration and an absolutely unnerving level of pain tolerance.