Breaking Dad

"A teacher who doest give A's? That's like a cheeseburger without cheese, a pizza without cheese, nachos without cheese. I need A's like things need cheese." Phoebe says. 

"No, what you need to do is move. We are all trying to watch TV." I say. 

"Is this about your awful chemistry teacher with the big...chip on his shoulder?" Mom asks and I roll my eyes. 

"Yes, how am I supposed to get into Hero University when I have a teacher who doesn't give A's?" Phoebe asks. 

"I have an idea. Why don't you go to...GET OUT OF THE WAY UNIVERSITY?" Nora yells. 

"You can major in MOVE!" Billy yells. 

"And you can minor in NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS." I yell. 

"All right, hold on. Don't worry. Now, if my baby girl says she earned an A, she's gonna get that A. I'm going to call Principal Bradford, I'll arrange a little parent-teacher conference, and we will figure this thing out." Dad says and I look at Max and roll my eyes. 

"That's a great idea. Nobody gets anything past your dad." Mom says and I look at Max who just got something past him, plus all the stuff I get away with and I laugh. 

"Sure they don't." I say under my breath. 

"Thanks, Dad. You are the best." Phoebe says walking away. 

"Hey, who left the backdoor open?" dad asks. 

"Billy." 

"Nora." Billy and Nora look at each other.

"Lizzie '' Billy and Nora say after accusing each other and I look at them. 

"Max." they say.

--- --- --- ---

"What is Dad doing here?" I ask Max. 

"Oh, he's the new chemistry sub." Max says. 

"Oh, I'm so glad I'm in AP chemistry." I say and pat Max on the shoulder. 

"Good luck with that." I say walking away. 

"So Liz, I hear you know the new chemistry substitute." Bri says. 

"I don't know where you heard that from." I say walking to my locker. 

"Well Max called him dad earlier and since Max is your brother I assumed that's your dad too." she says. 

"Yeah, why?" I ask suddenly annoyed. 

"He gave me an F on my project and I need you to get him to fix it." she says. 

"No." I say. 

"Please I didn't deserve an f my dad will be so mad at me." she says. 

"That's not my problem, you should talk to your teacher. I'm sick of this. You want to date my brother so you ask me to set yall up. You want a better grade so you ask me to ask my dad to do that for you. I can't be your friend." I say walking away.

--- --- --- ---

"Come on Hank we're sitting down to eat." Mom yells. 

"Coming!" Dad yells. Then Billy whispers something to Nora. 

"That's not how the body works Billy." Nora says, putting a hand on Billy's shoulder. 

"Ah, I tell you. Wouldn't mind getting back in the classroom. With my favorite twins. I wish there was a way." Dad says. 

"Dad, you could go back to school and get your teaching license." Phoebe says and Dad ignores her. 

"Yep, sure wish there was a way." he says nodding his head. 

"Well, we were lucky to have you as a sub. You really were a great teacher." Phoebe says. 

"Oh, everybodies wuves each other! If you don't mind I'm trying to eat my din--" Max says suddenly falling asleep. 

"What did you guys do to my brother?" I ask. 

"He's just getting a lesson in payback. We each get two minutes to draw on Max's face." and everyone cheers. 

"No. y'all can't draw on my brother's face." I say. 

"Oh come on Liz you don't even have to watch." Phoebe says. 

"I'm gonna let him get you back. sorry Maxie there's too many of them." I say pat his head and take my food to the lair. "why is there a squirrel on my bed?"

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all the readers who have been following my work during the first season, despite my irregular posting schedule. Your unwavering support is deeply appreciated and has been instrumental in keeping me motivated throughout this journey. As we look towards the upcoming season, I am eagerly anticipating the new opportunities and challenges that it will bring. I am excited to share my latest creations and ideas with you and continue to grow and evolve together. Once again, I would like to express my sincerest thanks for your continued support and look forward to seeing you all in the next seasons and the challenges that it will bring. I can hardly wait to share my latest creations and ideas with you. Thank you again for being with me on this journey. I look forward to seeing you all in the next season!"☻☻☻