Chapter Fifty: Manipulating Flight and Food

50. Manipulating Flight and Food

03-12-2024

A/N: Oh my god I finally posted--SORRY GUYS, I GOT SICK (still sick) AND FELT SO MISERABLE (still miserable but its tolerable now) I COULDN'T EVEN WRITE!!!

((( ̄▽ ̄;) BUT IT'S HERE (off schedule) YAYYYY!!! PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION AT THE END!!

But 50 chapters done! I haven't made it this far since 2019!

Q: How are you enjoying these chapters so far?

-----

"That's what he told you?!"

"Yes! What the hell am I supposed to say to that?!"

You met up with Senku and Gen after your conversation of the day with Ryusui, which happened days after the fashion show by Yuzuriha. The sailor had followed you as you were there to discuss certain topics while the balloon was finished. While you were with them, you explained to the both of them the conditions of what Ryusui wanted if Senku were to need him to co-pilot the hot-air balloon. It wasn't such a simple favor either.

"We don't have one million drago to give him...besides, I can't pilot it by myself. He is the only one who is able to read patterns of the wind," said Senku as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I know that. He even told me that himself. He's just waiting for me to give him the signal that you'll let him go under his conditions," you informed them as you glanced over to the man, who was looking over the completed hot-air balloon cloth.

The three of you were silent, forced to think of a solution of letting the man fly without having to negotiate. Then, Gen had pulled out a deck of cards seemingly out of nowhere.

With a mischievous smile on his face, he told the two of you, "I have an idea...this is our chance to rip off Ryusui-chan for more cash! But I'm going to need your help, (Y/N)-chan. Especially now that you mostly have him wrapped around your finger..."

You nodded. "Alright. What do I have to do?"

The man hastily explained his plan to you by whisper, which you understood perfectly. The three of you then gathered everybody around in a group, hoping that the plan would work.

"Gather around, everyone! We still need to pick two people to ride the balloon, so we're going to decide with drawing cards~!" The mentalist announced to the Kingdom of Science. "Whoever gets one of the two Jokers in the deck gets to ride!"

Using this tactic, he would be able to force a hand on the people, and Ryusui of course. Those who had pulled before you did not get the Joker, and when it was time for the sailor himself to pull one from the deck, there was a card sticking out made to look as though he should pull it out. A smirk appeared on the man's face as he looked at you.

"Hmph! I see! If you really wanted my help, you should've just asked like how I told my dear (Y/N) to do! But since you went out of your way to pull this dirty little trick, I'll charge you a million drago for my piloting fee--" the moment the blonde man pulled the card from the deck, he flipped it over and saw that it was not, in fact, a Joker. This caused everyone to be confused, and Senku to slowly realize what was going on.

Gen then held the deck in front of you for you to pull a card. This time, you pulled one that the mentalist was urging you to pick. Because Ryusui had lost something that he thought he'd desperately win, it did not matter how well your acting was. The amount of stress and loss that the sailor had gotten would overcome it.

With a fake look of shock, you whined as you held the card up, "Whaaat? I got the Joker! No way! I thought for sure that Ryusui-san would get it!"

"Wooow, slowpoke! I guess that you're coming to fly all over the skies with me!" Senku joined in on the tactic, wrapping his arm around your neck and pulling you closer in front of the sailor. He had one eye open to watch the reactions of the said man, hoping that this would work. "You must be so happy that you get to go with me, huh?"