~13~

"Here you go." Asuna places the cup of tea on the table beside Reina and takes her place on the chair Kirito once sat on. "Thank you." Reina takes the cup and drinks some tea. She stares at the map concerned for Kirito but her attention gets drawn away from it by Asuna clearing her throat. Reina turns to look at the brunette only to find her smirking. "So Klahadore told me you had Kirito over and you didn't allow him to enter your home." She says. "I- Kirito wanted me to make him something and I never allow Klahadore inside my house. That guy gives me the creeps." She mumbles. "I know how you feel Kuradeel gives me the creeps too." Asuna sighs. "But that's not the only thing Klahadore told me." She takes a sip of her tea. "What did he tell you?" Reina asks. "Oh, you know..." Asuna trails off with a smirk. "I don't know." Reina replies. "He told me he caught you and Kirito about to kiss." Asuna shares wiggling her eyebrows. Reina turns red and looks away. "T-that didn't happen." She stutters.

"Uh-huh." Asuna nods unconvinced. She sighs and puts her cup down on the table. "You like him, don't you?" Asuna asks now serious. "What?" Reina looks at her. "Kirito. You like Kirito." Asuna says. "I..." Reina trails off. "Don't act like you don't have a thing for him. I'm 17 I've had my share of relationships so I know what it looks like to be in love." Asuna tells her. "You got me." Reina sighs. "I've liked him for a while but I didn't know how to tell him, I still don't know how to but he understands me better than everyone else." Reina shares with a fond look on her face. "Well, you better get on with it because there are tons of other girls after him." Asuna smiles and drinks some more tea. "Mm-hmm." Reina nods and looks at the map again. "That's odd." She says noticing only two dots on the map instead of three. "What's wrong?" Asuna asks leaning closer to have a look. "I don't know but someone's missing. I'm gonna go check it out." Reina tells the girl. She gets up from her seat and runs out of the headquarters.

°•◇°•◇°•◇°•◇°•◇°•

Reina ran through the canyon at great speed leaving nothing but a red flash in her wake. As she got closer she found Klahadore stabbing Kirito with his sword she equips her rapier, activates a sword skill, and pushes him away from Kirito, knocking him into the side of the canyon. She stares at Klahadore for a second before turning to Kirito, kneeling beside him, and healing him with a crystal. "Heal." Reina says and the crystal breaks, healing Kirito. Once he was okay she sighed in relief. "I made it. I made it in time. Thank god." She takes in a deep breath. "I made it." She says panting and smiling down at Kirito. "I was tracking your position on the map the whole time and then I saw Godfree disappear. I got worried something happened, but you're alive. This isn't a dream, right?" Reina asks in a trembling voice. "No. It's not." Kirito reassures her. Klahadore recovers from the attack and Reina glares at him. "Give me a second. I'll finish this." She says, gets up from her position, and walks over to Klahadore.

She pulls her rapier from its sheathe once more. "R-Reina. I can explain everything. We were just training when all of a sudden there was this..." He tries making up an excuse but is cut off but Reina slicing his cheek causing him to stumble back. "Damn you!" He shouts and swings his sword at her which she effortlessly dodges and starts hitting him a high speed with her rapier causing him to let out yells of pain and drop his sword. Once he did she pointed her rapier at his face and he held his hands up to surrender. "I give you. I surrender! Please don't kill me." He pleads, kneeling down. "Kuradeel and I will leave the guild. You'll never see us again. I promise. Please!" He cries. "Kuradeel?" Reina asks, confused. "Yes! Kuradeel and I are from Laughing Coffin but if you let me go the two of us will leave you alone." Klahadore pleads. Reina holds her rapier with the blade pointing down at Klahadore's head. "I don't wanna die!" The man screams making her stop and she takes a step back.

Klahadore snickers and grabs his sword to knock Reina's rapier out of her hand. "The oldest trick in the book and you fell for it bitch!" Klahadore raises his sword over his head and Reina gasps staring at it with wide eyes. Klahadore brings the sword down to kill her but Kirito pushes her out of the way and puts his hand up and it gets sliced off. Kirito's hand bursts into polygons and his health goes down a bit while Klahadore stares at him in shock. Kirito activates a skill on his hand and lets out a cry stabbing Klahadore through the chest. Klahadore's health goes down until he no longer has any and he leans on Kirito. "Goddamn you. You murdered me." He whispers with his last breath before bursting into polygons. Kirito falls to his knees and Reina watches him before walking over. She kneels behind him and goes to grab his hand but stops. "I'm sorry. This was all my fault wasn't it?" She asks in a shaky voice, looking at the ground. Reina clenches her fist on the ground and tears fall onto it. "Reina." Kirito looks back at her.

"I'm sorry. But I-- I should stay away from you." She stutters out, with tears running down her face trying not to make a sound but letting out tiny whimpers. "For your sake." She adds closing her eyes to prevent more tears from falling. Kirito turns to face her, grabs her shoulder, and pulls her into a kiss. Reina tenses up but relaxes and melts into the kiss. Kirito pulls away and Reina stares at him through lidded eyes and opens her eyes completely when he lays his head on her chest. "Reina. My life belongs to you. I'll give it up for you. I wanna stay with you until the end." Kirito confesses. "I promise, I'll do anything to protect you too. Forever. No matter what." Reina closes her eyes and a tear runs down her cheek. "I swear." She says. "I'll do everything I can to make sure you get back to the real world." Kirito tells her. "Reina." He looks up at her. "Could I... stay with you for the night?" Kirito asks. Reina gets taken aback by the question but smiles and nods in agreement.

°•◇°•◇°•◇°•◇°•◇°•

Floor 61: Selmburg

After enjoying a meal prepared by Reina, both she and Kirito drank some tea in silence. Once she was done Reina placed her tea cup down and took in a deep breath. "Okay." She says, getting up from her seat and walking through the doorway. "Come on." She ushers Kirito to follow her. "O-okay." Kirito gets up from his seat and follows her. Reina leads him upstairs to her room and closes the door once he is inside. She takes in another deep breath and walks over to the light and turns it off. Kirito stared at her in confusion but she couldn't see it as her back was facing him. The girl looks out the window for a second before opening her menu and taking off her shoes, shirt, and skirt, leaving her only in her underwear. Kirito stares at her while blushing making Reina cover her chest. She looks back at Kirito who is still wearing his clothes and looks confused. "What are you waiting for?" She asks, taking a seat on her bed and covering her body with a pillow. 

I'm ending it here

I'm ending it here. Um smut in the next chapter...?  Let me know if you want to see it I guess but just know I've never written smut before. Please for the love of god don't ask about Asuna. 

Have a good day/night

~K C