Finding a (Temporary) Solution

(Okay, I know it has been a while. Was busy with other books, busy with work, and lost motivation for a while, but here is the next chapter. Hope you enjoy.)

After, somewhat, calming down, everyone eaten some stew and now the dragon riders were being told the truth. "So, yeah. That's pretty much it." Hiccup says, rubbing the back of his head as he waits for the others to react. It was quiet for a moment. "I knew it! I knew there was more to this!" Fishlegs exclaims. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let me get this straight. You're a witch." Snotlout says pointing at (Y/N), who confirms with a nod. "And you 'stole' the containers because they were actually meant for you." He continues and (Y/N) nods again. "And one of them made Hiccup turn giant, which explains why his house is currently being rebuilt and you're trying to come up with a way to change him back." He finishes, (Y/N) nodding her head again. "Well, this is welcomed change of pace." He says as he leans back against Hookfang.

"So, you can do magic?" "And make potions?" The twins question as they stand on both sides of (Y/N). She nods her head, "Yep." She says. "Teach us." They said in unison. "Nope." Hiccup says, carefully picking them up by their shirts and setting them on the opposite side of (Y/N). "Huh. Picked up by a giant-sized friend." Tuffnut says as Ruffnut takes out a journal. "Can cross that off the list." She says, using a pencil as she crosses a line in it. Nobody commented on that and resumes on the conversation. "So... How?" Astrid says, still surprised by all of this. "Well, the elixir was actually essence of a giant. I don't know how he got it, but essence is essentially like a part of one's being, what makes them what they are." (Y/N) explains.

"Like take Midnight for example. She is a Stormcutter, which mean she has a crown and and four wings, that is a part of what she is. Extraction of essence can be a long process because it is very difficult to take even a fraction of what makes a being what they are." She adds. "So, what you're saying is Hiccup is essentially part giant now?" Fishlegs asks. "Well, he still is human, but he now has a giant size. So, yes." (Y/N) clarifies. Toothless coos up at Hiccup as he sees the giant Viking look down in thought. He rubs himself on his leg and Hiccup looks at him and gives him a scratch on the neck in appreciation. "But, I can create a potion that can return you to your normal size." Hiccup looks down at (Y/N) and sees that she is looking up at him.

"However, it will only be temporary and the potion will only be in effect if you remain calm." She explains. Hiccup then thinks about it. On one hand, it would be nice to return back to his normal size. But on the other, if his emotions get too high, he could end up causing some damage. "Hiccup." He snaps out of his thinking as he looks down to see Astrid looking up at him. "We got you. No matter what." She states. The rest of the riders stand with her as they show their support. He smiles down at them as he then makes his decision. "How long until you can get the potion ready?" He asks (Y/N) she smiles up at him. "Give me an hour and I'll have it ready." She says.

She then walks into her house, "I'll be in here if you need anything." She says before closing the door. Midnight stands guard as she looks at the riders and their dragons. Still hesitant in trusting them after Astrid had threatened (Y/N). As they wait, Hiccup let out a long sigh as he lands on his back. This caused a mini-earthquake as the others held themselves up. Toothless walks over and gives Hiccup a lick on the cheek. "Thanks, bud." Hiccup sighs.

Astrid walks over but is then stopped as Midnight gives her a warning growl. Stormfly stands next to Astrid as she roars at Midnight. Astrid calms Stormfly as she shows Midnight that she is not a threat. Midnight huffs and stops growling but keeps an eye on her. Astrid then makes her way to stand next to Hiccup's head. "Hey, I can't imagine what you going through right now. But we'll figure this out. And look on the bright side, things have been quiet since we defeated Ryker and Viggo. And once we get back to the Edge, you won't have to worry about wrecking any of the houses." She assures him, laying a hand on his cheek. Hiccup turns his head to look at her.

"Also, how awesome is it to have someone that is a giant as your friend?!?" Tuffnut exclaims excitedly. "I know right. You could practically hold Toothless like a kitten now." Ruffnut adds. "But still, the discovery that magic exists along with giants existing and dragons wielding magic themselves. There is so much to learn!" Fishlegs geeks out. "But that would mean (Y/N) going with us. Which may not be the best idea." Snotlout adds. The others give him their attention after what he said. "What? Again, she is a witch." He says. "Snotlout, she's the only one that can help get Hiccup back to normal and if are we to keep Hiccup's giant self a secret, she'll have to come to the Edge with us." Astrid says as Hiccup sits up. "Okay, okay. Guess it would be cool to see what magic she can do." He says, smirking a little as he thinks.

"Thanks, guys. And don't worry, (Y/N) is really nice. A little eccentric, but she has practiced magic a lot. I know she can do it." Hiccup says, giving Midnight a scratch on the chin and she purrs from the action. "Well, I do like making new friends." Fishlegs says, giving Meatlug a pat on the head as the dragon smiles and gives him a lick. After that they then talk, the twins landing Barf and Belch on Hiccup's head and that got some laughs.

Soon, after about an hour, (Y/N) exits out of the house and gives Midnight a pat on the head as she walks up to Hiccup. "Okay, this potion will allow you to shrink back to your normal height. But again, any strong emotion will cause you to grow again." She states. "Got it." Hiccup nods his head. He lowers his hand and (Y/N) climbs onto it as Hiccup then raises her to his face. "Ready?" She asks him. "Ready." Hiccup confirms. He opens his mouth slightly to allow (Y/N) to pour the potion. He then lowers his hand onto the ground and she hops off. They wait for a minute in silence and then a Hiccup starts to shrink. He watches as everything gets bigger and once it stops he stands up but staggers and Astrid hurries over to help him stay up. He looks down and see that he only has one foot now. He smiles, "Looks like I'm normal again." He says.

The other riders hurry over and Toothless gives him a lick on the face. (Y/N) smiles as she is relieved that she helped. "At least your pants shrunk with you." Tuffnut says. No one commented on that. (Y/N) then walks over, "It will be a while. I will have to gather the ingredients and look over the instructions, but I promise I will remove the giant's essence from you." She vows, her (E/C) eyes shining with determination. Hiccup gives her a smile, "I know you won't." He says. "You know, we will have to go back and check on the Edge. Also, it could be a good excuse to see what stuff is out there." Astrid says, smiling welcoming at (Y/N).

The witch looks at the others and see them smile at her with a welcome look. She looks at Midnight, who gives her an understanding loom and nods her head. (Y/N) smiles then cracks her knuckles, a (F/C) glow emitting from them. "Let me go pack my things." She states.

(Alright. Hope you enjoy, don't know when the next chapter will be. Okay, bye for now!)