Back to the Edge

(Okay, I have been going through it with school. Anyway, here's another chapter. Hope you enjoy!)

After lending Hiccup some clothes and quickly cast a spell to make a wooden foot from a small log by (Y/N), the group got to planning and it was decided that Astrid would escort (Y/N) to the Edge while the rest got some supplies. (Y/N) had used her magic to put on Toothless' gear and he gave her a thankful lick. "Aah! You're welcome. See you at the Edge, Toothless." (Y/N) says. Midnight gave her a nudge on her back, "Oh, right. Astrid, do you mind helping?" (Y/N) asks. "Sure. So long as I know what exactly I need to help pack." Astrid replies. The two walk to the house, but Hiccup grabs (Y/N)'s wrist. The (H/C)-haired woman looks back at him to see Hiccup with a small smile, "See you there." He says. (Y/N) gives him a smile back and Hiccup lets her go as she jogs to head into her house. Hiccup then feels a nudge on his left and looks down at Toothless and gives him a pat on the head.

When they returned back to the village, Stoick rushed up to him and gave him a strong embrace. Hiccup wheezes from his father's hug but then feels himself start to grow. "Okay! Nice to see you too, Dad!" He groans. Thankfully, Stoick put him down and he quickly calms himself, his hand on his chest as he steadies his breathing. He did not grow too much so his father did not notice as he shrinks to his regular height. Stoick places his hands on Hiccup's shoulders, "What happened? Who took you? Was it some dragon trappers? Is there another bounty-" "Dad. Dad! I'm fine. Honestly, it all happened so fast, I-I'm not sure what happened exactly." Hiccup says to his father. He looked over and saw that the house was being built and cringed at the memory. Stoick breathes deeply, "Well, as long as you're alright." Stoick says, letting go of his son. "Now, Gobber has some of yer spare legs. And clothes that will fit you better." He adds.

Hiccup glances away as he remembers that he was wearing old clothes of (Y/N)'s. "Thanks, Dad." He then walks off and Toothless follows after him. After meeting with Gobber, and getting almost whacked by the man's hook for disappearing again, he switched his prosthetic and put on some new clothes. A blue tunic and green pants with some brown arm-bracers and a brown boot for his right foot. "Ya know, you are going to get yourself into some big trouble one of these days." Gobber says as he walks by, carrying some equipment. Hiccup winces at that but calms down. "He is just joking." He tells himself mentally. "Yeah, uh, I think I have already landed myself into trouble." He responds.

Gobber then mutters about how kids are these days and bid him farewell. He meets up with the other riders. "Okay, we good?" He asks, loading up spare clothes into a satchel attached to Toothless' saddle. "I sent a Terror mail to Astrid and she sent back that one saying she and (Y/N) are already making their way to the Edge. They took the long way from the back of the island to avoid attention." Fishlegs answers. Hiccup nods, "Good. Now, we just have to-" "Hiccup!" Stoick then appears as he walks up to Hiccup. He stopped and stood before his son then rests a hand on his shoulder. "Just.... Just be safe. Whoever or whatever caused your kidnapping, just be aware." He tells him. Hiccup looks down at his father's words then looks up at him and nods his head.

After another embrace, a much less bone-crunching one, Hiccup got on Toothless and he and the rest of the riders take off. Hiccup breathes deeply as he flies through the air on Toothless. Whenever he needs to clear his mind, a fly is always one of his favorites. He then has Toothless dive down and then fly upwards as they spin. "Ha-Haaaa!" Hiccup cheers. Toothless then steadies his flying as they fly smoothly. "So, you good?" Hiccup looks to his left as Snotlout flies next him on Hookfang. "Yeah. All good." Hiccup affirms. "Good, good. Because I was worried that you might end up getting too big to ride on Toothless and that we would have to fish your giant butt out of the ocean." Snotlout jokes. Hiccup rolls his eyes then adjusts Toothless' prosthetic as the Night Fury flies faster.

Soon the Edge came into sight and they all landed at the stables. Astrid and (Y/N) were standing ready for them. "Took you long enough." Astrid teases, smirking as she crosses her arms while (Y/N) held her hands behind her. She smiled as the riders got off their dragons and walked up to her and Astrid. "I have to say, only seeing just a small portion, I can tell that a lot of work has been put into this place." (Y/N) says, smiling as her (E/C) eyes sparkle as she looks around. Hiccup smiles at that, "Yeah, well, it's a second home." He says. "Also, do you think you can help carry all the stuff we brought back?" Snotlout asks, having made his way to stand at (Y/N)'s left. Hiccup and Astrid gave him an annoyed look.

(Y/N) stepped away from him, "I could, but I'm not gonna. I may have magic but I still like to do things the old-fashioned way." She says, waving her hand a little as she talked and produce a little firework from her pointer finger. "Eh, worth a shot." Snotlout mutters as he walks over to Hookfang and grabs the supplies from the bag. "Anyway, we have a spare hunt. Heather, a friend of ours and fellow dragon rider, would use it when she would visit. She is pretty clean so it should be fine." Astrid tells (Y/N). The (H/C)-haired witch gives her a smile. "Great. Best to unpack now so I can get to work." She says, clapping her hands. "Well, welcome to Dragon's Edge, (Y/N)." Hiccup says to her.